Best Real Money Online Casino Apps in South Africa
100% Match Bonus + 30 Free Spins on First Deposit
To the Casino
Jackpot City Casino
R24,144 Deposit Bonus
To the Casino
100% Up To R1,000 + R30,000 Welcome Bonus
To the Casino
Up To R11,500 Free
To the Casino
100% Up To R999 + 99 Free Spins
To the Casino
100% Up To R3,333 + 100 Free Spins
To the Casino
An Introduction to Real Money Online Casino Apps
Online casinos and casino app developers are constantly grappling to release the best real money casino apps. As players, we’re regularly treated to new games and better mobile platforms. The downside of this casino app abundance is that sifting through the grift takes its toll.
Thousands of outdated, unreliable casino directories on the internet point players to dubious mobile casino sites. What makes southafricacasinos.net different is our attention to detail and fierce pursuit of dependable South African online gambling sites.
On this site, we present a fresh collection of top online mobile casinos with current bonus offers alongside dependable online casino reviews. Our reviews and lists are updated daily to ensure that they reflect the most accurate information available.
Here’s an up-to-date list of the best real money casino apps that you can start playing on your mobile right now:
To Download, or Not to Download?
That is the question… on everybody’s minds.
If you want to know the truth:
It doesn’t make much of a difference if you download an online casino app or not. Why?
The best online casinos take a mobile-first approach to their platform development. But that doesn’t mean that they prioritise mobile devices over desktop computers when they create their sites. It means that they develop their sites to be compatible with all devices.
As we get smarter, so does technology, coding, and programming. You can access and operate most of your favourite websites on your PCs and handheld devices. That’s because the websites are responsive – they adapt to meet the system requirements of the device you are using.
It’s the same with online casinos. You can access them from PCs, smartphones, laptops, or tablets without losing out on any of the casino’s awesome features. You can sign up, log in, play slots and live games, deposit, withdraw, speak to support hosts using live chat, set responsible gambling limits, and much more on your mobile device – with or without an app.
‘Casino apps’ has become a phrase that we use to describe any type of mobile casino. However, there are some amazing downloadable mobile casino applications available. Not all mobile casinos have the option to download a dedicated app. But some do.
We’ll cover the best real money casino apps that are available for download and non-download on this page. So stay tuned.
How We Evaluate Mobile Casinos
Our team of casino connoisseurs rates mobile gambling sites based on the factors that we like to see online casinos incorporate. We compare all the bonus offers from the best mobile casinos, the payment methods, games portfolio, withdrawal timeframes, and, of course, mobile compatibility.
We analyze every online casino’s licence with a magnifying glass, and we verify it with the licensing authority. Fraudulent casino sites won’t get past us. Neither will apps that don’t reward loyalty. We test the loyalty programs and customer service during all our reviews to make sure they meet our high standards.
Here’s a summary of important aspects we examine:
- Licence: We cross-reference all licences to validate them.
- No fraud: The software and games should be tested frequently by respected testing agencies such as eCOGRA and iTech Labs.
- Mobile friendly: We evaluate casinos based on their level of compatibility with all devices, especially smartphones and handheld devices.
- User experience: Mobile casinos should deliver speedy sites that are responsive and easy to navigate.
- Games: There should be a good variety of established games, older classics, and new, innovative titles. The games must be stable and reliable.
- Bonuses: New players and existing players should have access to an enticing suite of promotions and bonuses. The bonus offers must have reasonable wagering requirements and limits.
- Payment methods: Online casinos must offer safe and secure deposits and withdrawals. We prefer playing at casinos that support credit cards, debit cards, online transfers, e-wallets, cryptocurrencies, and prepaid payment methods.
- Customer support: Friendly, professional, courteous customer support is non-negotiable. Players should be able to contact the support team via multiple communication channels.
Why Choose Real Money Casino Apps from our Lists?
When searching for new online casinos to join, it’s important to get a comprehensive view of alternative sites. Having a good idea of what the site has to offer you before you join can save you time and trouble.
Good questions to ask when looking for mobile casinos are:
- Are the free spins and bonuses restricted to specific games?
- Does the casino app offer payment methods that I can use?
- What is customer support like?
- Are there minimum or maximum withdrawal limits?
- Does the site host games from my favourite game developers?
- Is the casino optimized for the device that I play on?
Nobody enjoys going through the effort of signing up at new gambling platforms only to find out that there are no games that they will enjoy playing – especially if they went through the trouble of downloading it.
Similarly, you don’t want to register at a gambling site that offers an amazing welcome bonus only to discover that the wagering requirements are completely unreasonable.
That’s why we take a holistic approach when we evaluate mobile casinos.
Most players would like a good bonus to get them started, but the buck doesn’t stop there. It’s important to consider the wagering requirements associated with the bonus offers. Lower wagering requirements will give you a better opportunity to cash out your winnings in a shorter time.
As you can see, deciding on the best mobile casino app can take a big chunk of your time if you’re going it alone. Choosing online casinos from our lists speeds up the process. You can pick any of them knowing that they’ve been reviewed with precision.
Frequently Asked Questions about Real Money Casino Apps
What games can I play on casino apps?
Casino apps host a variety of games that fall into different categories. These include video slots, table games, card games, dice games, live casino games, game shows, video poker, tournaments, scratch cards, progressive games, bingo, sports betting, virtual sports, esports, and instant wins.
Each category can be further subdivided into more specific categories. You will find that some casinos focus on one or two types of games, while others concentrate on offering the entire spectrum.
Which casino app should I choose?
This depends on what type of games you like to play. There are loads of different types of mobile casino apps that cater to various types of players, and we cover them all. Some apps may specialize in a particular casino niche, while others invest in making the mobile casino as relevant as possible to all players.
Are the games on real money casino apps fair?
Yes. The games offered on appropriately licensed casino apps are regularly tested by independent testing agencies such as eCOGRA, iTech Labs, and NMi. Testing is done to confirm the randomness and fairness of the games.
To verify the randomness of a game, a testing lab performs millions of events on it to confirm that the Random Number Generator (RNG) is working correctly and that the game’s payout percentage is in line with the percentage advertised.
What online casino apps can I play in South Africa?
In SA, we can play the best online casinos in the world. The real casinos listed on this site are licensed and regulated by globally respected gambling authorities. The games are fair and payment methods are trusted.
Choose to play at any of the casino apps we recommend and get ready for some world-class gambling entertainment on your mobile device.
Where can I find new mobile casino apps?
We carry out reviews daily and update our lists along the way. As soon as a new online casino is presented to us, we delve in and begin our extensive testing process. For up-to-date information on the latest casino apps, bookmark this page and check it frequently.
Can I win real money on a casino app?
Yes. All the casino apps on this site are real money online casinos that let you play with real money and win real money.
Can I try casino apps for free?
Yes, you can. Most online casinos let you play the games in demo mode or free mode. This option is also available in mobile casino apps. The free play option is not available on live casino games, but it is typically available for most of the slots. You cannot win real money when you are playing in demo mode.
The other option is to claim a no deposit bonus. You can use the bonus to play the games on your mobile device without depositing at the casino.
How do I withdraw my winnings from a casino app?
You can withdraw your winnings to your bank account, debit card, credit card, web wallet, or crypto wallet. The best casino apps provide you with withdrawal options from well-known payment service providers such as Visa, Mastercard, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, and many more.
Are Mobile Casinos Better than Online Casinos?
If you’ve read this far you probably already know the answer to that question. Mobile casinos are not superior to their desktop counterparts. Real money casino apps and real money online casinos are bound by the same rules and constraints since they operate under the same licences.
In terms of functionality, mobile casinos live up to the reputations created by their frontrunners. Casino apps offer the same casino games as regular online casinos. This includes video slots, 3D slots, classic slots, live games, table games, bingo, poker tournaments, video poker, progressive jackpots, scratch cards, and sports betting.
However, depending on your lifestyle and requirements, mobile casinos may offer you a few advantages:
- You’re not chained to your computer desk since you can take your mobile device with you wherever you go.
- You’ll have access to a small range of mobile-only casinos and games that are developed specifically for mobile devices.
- You may already be using your smartphone to verify casino transactions, so playing on your mobile eliminates the need for an additional device.
- The latest smartphones offer incredible resolution and graphics that can make online gaming even more engaging and immersive.
How about the disadvantages of playing real money casino apps? Here are a few that we came up with:
- You’ll probably need to insert your headphones if you’re in a public space and want to listen to the sounds of the casino.
- Handheld devices generally have smaller screens than laptops and desktop computers.
- You may find that a particular game is not available on your phone. This is rare and usually applies to older or less popular games.
- Not all online casinos are optimised for mobile devices, however, most of the best casinos are.
Casino App Bonuses and Wagering Requirements for You to Choose From
All online casinos place terms and conditions on the bonuses they offer. These may be in the form of wagering requirements, restrictions, or limitations. It’s significant to understand the terms associated with bonus offers so that you can make the most of them.
Bonuses should have wagering requirements within acceptable industry standards, they should offer you enough time to play, and you should be able to use them to play the games that you enjoy.
Real money casino apps offer the same bonuses as regular online casinos. The same wagering requirements, game restrictions, and limitations will apply to a casino’s mobile site.
If you’re looking to cash out fast, choose bonuses with the lowest wagering requirements.
Here’s the lowdown on the most popular types of bonuses that you’ll find on real money casino apps in South Africa:
- Welcome bonus | A bonus reserved for players that are entirely new to an online casino. If you’ve already claimed the welcome bonus on a casino’s desktop site, you won’t be able to claim it again on your mobile device. These bonuses are given to players when they sign up or register a new account.
- Deposit bonus | A bonus added to a player’s account on completion of a successful deposit. Deposit bonuses are usually advertised as match bonuses. The casino will match your deposit by a specific amount. The bonus may be stated as a percentage of the deposit, such as a 100% match bonus.
- No deposit bonus | A bonus that is added to a player’s account without a deposit. No deposit bonuses are completely free of charge. All you have to do is claim the bonus and start playing. However, these bonuses usually have the highest wagering requirements.
- Cashback bonus | A bonus added to your account after you have deposited at the casino and played out a portion of that deposit. It’s a refund that the casino gives you to continue playing. The cashback bonus may be a percentage of your deposit or the entire amount. You may be able to claim this bonus before your entire balance is depleted at some online casinos.
VIP and Loyalty Programs
If you’re a regular player or plan on being a regular player, then VIP and loyalty programs should be at the top of your priority list. All online casino loyalty programs are not created equal. This is one of the areas where casino apps deviate the most.
A good loyalty program offers players regular bonuses and rewards. Top loyalty clubs may reward you with VIP prizes, such as holidays, and give you direct access to a personal casino ambassador who will resolve your queries.
Mobile Casino Apps & Online Payments
There are loads of payment options that can be used to transact at mobile casinos. Some online casinos offer a handful of payment methods while others recruit as many payment providers as they can.
We select real money casino apps based on their accessibility for SA citizens. The casinos listed on this site will always support a payment method that is favoured by South Africans.
Due to the popularity of online shopping, most of us are familiar with the variety of online payment methods available to us. However, this same popularity has resulted in new payment gateways constantly popping up online.
Some of the most reliable payment methods offered at real money mobile casinos are:
- Debit & credit cards | Visa, Mastercard, and Maestro.
- Online transfers | Easy EFT, SID Secure Instant Deposit, Citadel, and wire transfers.
- Web wallets | Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Jeton, and AstroPay.
- Prepaid payments | EntroPay (Ixaris) and Ukash.
- Cryptocurrencies | Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum.
When you deposit with most of these methods, the money reflects in your casino balance instantly. However, withdrawal time frames vary.
As a general rule, withdrawals via cryptocurrency gateways and web wallets are the fastest. Your winnings may reflect immediately in your account after the withdrawal has been released by the casino. If it doesn’t reflect immediately, give it a few hours. They usually show up within 2 to 48 hours maximum.
Withdrawals to debit cards, credit cards, and bank transfer can take up to 7 business days to reflect once the payment has been released. This is still within the industry standard for all online casinos. They usually reflect sooner than this.
Currently, prepaid methods such as Ukash can only be used for deposits. If you deposit using a prepaid voucher or card, you’ll have to select a different payment method for your withdrawal. We recommend choosing a web wallet if the mobile casino offers this as a withdrawal option.
Customer Service on Casino Apps Doesn’t Disappoint
At some point, most players will have an issue that needs to be resolved. Players deserve prompt resolution to their queries. To achieve this, online casino apps should provide easy access to their support team via live chat or telephone.
Real money casino apps that don’t have 24-hour live support should offer alternative channels and an automatic resolution tool for common queries like forgotten passwords.
The casino apps that we support provide top-notch customer service in English. You can access the support on your mobile device by clicking the associated button once you are logged into your casino account.
Licensed and Regulated Casino Apps
Online gambling platforms can apply for licences that are issued by gambling licensing authorities. It’s customary for an online casino to apply for a licence from an authority that regulates gambling in the country in which the casino’s headquarters are situated. It’s also accepted that casinos gain their licences from the authority that regulates the market in which the casino operates.
For example, a casino operating in the UK market will apply for a licence from the Gambling Commission in Great Britain, also known as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC). Likewise, an online casino operating in Denmark will apply for a licence from the Danish Gambling Authority.
In both these examples, the markets in which the casinos operate are regulated markets that have official gambling authorities. In South Africa, online casinos that are headquartered in SA can’t apply to the National Gambling Board for a license to operate.
That doesn’t mean that we should play at unlicensed casinos. There are plenty of trustworthy mobile casinos that have internationally recognised licences.
Some of the most respected licences include those issued by:
- The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA)
- The Kahnawake Gaming Commission
- The Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC)
- The Gambling Commission of Antigua and Barbuda
- The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission
Playing at an unreliable mobile casino can have seriously negative consequences.
Fraudulent gambling sites may subject innocent players to credit card abuse, which could result in charges to their accounts that can’t be resolved. These sites may lack efficient customer service.
Another serious implication is when scammer casino sites refuse to honour valid withdrawal requests. Players may also be subject to irresponsible marketing when poor sites share information with outside third parties that shouldn’t have access to it.
Players in SA should stick to playing at licensed online casinos as much as players from any other country.
Our regulated online casino reviews only support sites in possession of suitable licences. When you gamble on these platforms, you are guaranteed efficient customer service and third-party resolution. There is always an avenue available if you cannot resolve your issue with the casino itself.
How Casino Games on Mobile Platforms Perform
Real money casino apps supply us with the best games and a swarm of new releases every month. You can play the same games you enjoy playing on your desktop from your mobile device. When you play on mobile, the games adjust to suit the device you are using.
Before online casinos became as popular as they are today, they had to rely on in-house development teams to create their games. This model worked for a while, but the release of new games was slow and steady.
Today, game development companies are commonplace. Almost all online casino apps get their games from independent game providers. That’s why you’ll find the same games at many different sites – including mobile real money casino apps.
The awesome part about independent game providers creating casino games is that there are plenty of them competing to release the best games on the market. As players, we get to enjoy hundreds of new game releases every year, and every game seems to be more exciting than the previous release.
Players should consider the game providers at casinos before joining. For example, if you’re into live casino games, it may be a good idea to join a casino app that focuses on hosting games provided by the best live game studios.
You can play these casino games (and many more) on just about any smartphone or tablet:
Enjoy the best video slot entertainment that the industry has to offer. You’ll have access to the latest slot releases by the best casino providers such as NetEnt, Play’n GO, Red Tiger, Rival Gaming, BetSoft, Gamomat, Spinomenal, Relax Gaming, Quickspin, Nolimit City, and Booming Games.
The action doesn’t stop at video slots. Casino apps also offer 3D slots, classic slots, jackpot slots, and progressive slots with huge progressive jackpots that are linked to many other online casinos.
- Table Games
You can play all the variations of Roulette, Baccarat, Blackjack, Craps, and Casino Hold’em on your mobile device. All your favourite real money dice and table games are optimised for handheld devices.
- Live Casino
In South Africa, we have a front-row seat to live games that are streamed from real studios around the world. Leading studios such as Pragmatic Play, Evolution Gaming, Authentic Gaming and Real Dealer Studios deliver immersive live dealer tables and hosted game shows.
Top live games amongst SA mobile players include Crazy Time, Lightning Roulette, Auto Roulette, Baccarat Squeeze, Gonzo’s Quest Treasure Hunt, Football Studio, and Speed Baccarat.
- Sports Betting
You can bet on any type of sport, event, or tournament on the best casino apps. This includes soccer, rugby, tennis, golf, motorsports, athletics, hockey, cricket, American football, swimming, darts, chess, virtual sports, and esports.
- Other Mobile Gaming Options
The list of gambling options on your mobile is endless. Scratch cards, Bingo, and Slingo are all popular on casino apps.
How to Start Playing on the Best Casino App
Most online casinos have a mobile optimised website. This means that you can access most of the games via your preferred browser on your tablet or smartphone.
We’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to start playing in your mobile browser at the best casino apps:
- Open this page in the browser on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Browse through our list of the best casino apps on this page.
- Click on a casino offer or casino app that appeals to you. This will open the mobile casino in your browser.
- Click on the ‘Play Now’ ‘Claim Offer’ ‘Register’ or ‘Sign up’ button.
- Follow the prompts to create an account with the casino. This will only take a few moments.
- Look through the games portfolio and click on a game to start playing.
How to Install a Casino App on Smartphone or Tablet
If you’ve decided that you’d prefer to download a dedicated casino app for your phone or tablet, good for you. Casino apps are easy to download and install – the process is not nearly the rocket science some players think it is.
If you own a mobile device, you’ve probably already downloaded an application before. The difference with casino apps is that they may not be available in the Google Play Store on Android devices. They may also not be available in the App Store on iOS devices.
The easiest and fastest way to install a casino app is to get the download link from the online casino. To do this, click on the casino app link on this site. The casino will launch in your browser. Look for ‘mobile app’ or a similar button and click it to begin the download.
If you can’t find the download link on the casino app site in your browser, ask customer support for it. Most online casinos offer a live chat tool so you can get the link right away.
To download the link from the store that came preinstalled on your mobile device, follow these steps:
- Open Google Play Store on an Android device or the App Store on an iOS device.
- Type the name of the online casino into the search bar and hit enter.
- Select the casino app from the list that populates.
- The casino app will automatically begin downloading.
- Log in on the app with your username and password to begin playing – or register an account if you haven’t yet.
Do you have your smartphone on hand? Then let’s get playing!