In-Depth Guide to Visa Casinos in South Africa
Visa casinos are online casinos that support Visa transactions and real money gambling. You can deposit and withdraw at these casinos while enjoying all the security benefits of this payment method. Visa is a financial services company with the leading share of South African cardholders at 51%, topping Mastercard at 48% and American Express at 1%.
Table of Contents
Online Visa Casinos SA: An Introduction
It’s clear from the stats that Visa is SA’s number one payment provider and card service. Even if you don’t own a Visa card, you probably know how to use one since it’s nearly the same as using a Mastercard – South Africa’s second-largest card payment provider.
We know that a lot of you have come for the best bonus offers and Visa casino sites, so we’ll list them first.
Keep reading for detailed instructions on Visa deposits and withdrawals at online Visa casinos, safety and security, benefits and drawbacks, and more about Visa in general. Once you’re done with this page, you’ll be a regular card payments wizard.
How To Deposit at Visa Online Casinos
First thing’s first – deposits. Unless you’ve claimed a no deposit bonus, you’ll need to deposit money at a Visa casino before you can begin playing. We’ll get to the bonuses and how to claim them in the next section.
Depositing with Visa only takes a few seconds. This payment method offers loads of advantages. A large percentage of SA already has Visa cards linked to one of their financial accounts, so it’s not new territory for us.
You don’t need to create a separate e-wallet account to complete online transactions with your Visa card, and you won’t be required to log into your accounts in a separate window. It’s a simple, straightforward process that can be directly in the cashier area of most online Visa casinos.
You’ll first need to create an account at a Visa casino, which is an online casino that lets you transact with Visa. We recommend playing at the casinos listed on this site to be sure that they’re legitimate and safe.
Creating an account is free at these online Visa casinos and only takes a few moments. You can sign up from your PC, smartphone or tablet. Simply click on any of the casino links to launch the signup procedure in your browser. Be sure to enter your correct mobile number as some casinos will verify it before you can access your casino account.
Here’s a quick guide that walks you through the deposit process:
- 1Log into your casino account from your PC or mobile device. If you’ve just registered an account, you’ll be logged in automatically.
- 2Navigate to the casino’s Cashier by clicking on the associated menu button.
- 3Select Visa as your deposit method.
- 4Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- 5Enter your Visa card number, your name (as it appears on your card), the card’s expiry date, and the CVV number. The CVV is a 3-digit number usually located at the back of the card.
- 6Click on the ‘Proceed’ button or a similar button that implies you are confirming the deposit.
Your deposit should be credited to your casino balance immediately once you have completed the steps listed above. Don’t stress if it’s not immediate. Give it a few minutes to load. If the deposit has been deducted from your Visa card account, it will be credited to your casino balance at any moment.
When we speak about Visa card accounts, we mean any financial account you may have that is linked to your Visa card. This could be a bank account or a credit account.
Visa has launched a prepaid Visa card that is great for gambling online. It helps players manage their spending effectively by not venturing into their credit zone when they’re playing at Visa casinos.
To deposit with a Visa prepaid card, you can follow the same steps as with regular debit or credit cards (detailed above). Visa prepaid cards are accepted at many online casinos that support Visa debit and credit cards. The general rule is that you can use your prepaid card wherever the Visa brand is accepted.
How to Claim Visa Casino Bonuses
When you deposit at Visa casinos, don’t forget to claim your bonuses before you complete the transaction. The casino will ask you to confirm any bonus offers or opt-in during the deposit process.
However, some online casinos have a separate bonus area where that can open outside of the deposit area. In this area, you’ll see all the bonuses available to you. You can select the bonus you want to claim before you deposit. Once you have selected the bonus, the casino will usually launch the deposit window automatically – unless you claimed a no deposit bonus.
Visa casinos require that you complete a successful deposit before a deposit bonus is added to your balance. On the other hand, you will not be required to deposit before a no deposit bonus is added to your account. No deposit bonuses are completely free with no strings attached.
Well, almost no strings attached. Of course, casinos must protect themselves from the bonus abusers – players who claim bonuses with no intention of trying out the games at the casino. That’s why online casino sites place requirements on their bonuses.
Whether you claim a deposit bonus, a no deposit bonus, cashback bonus, or free spins, there will most likely be requirements attached.
Here are some of the most common types of bonus requirements to be aware of when claiming a Visa casino bonus:
- Withdrawal restrictions: Visa casinos may cap the value of withdrawals requested from winnings accrued while playing with bonus money. They may also restrict withdrawals until the wagering requirements on the bonus have been met.
- Wagering requirements: also referred to as playthrough requirements. This is the number of times that the bonus must be played through the casino before it is converted into cash that can be withdrawn. A R100 bonus with a 20x (20 times) wagering requirement must be played through 20 times before the balance can be withdrawn. This is equivalent to R2000 worth of bets (R100 x 20).
- Game contributions: Visa casinos may apply different wagering contributions to the games offered. For example, slots may contribute 100% towards the wagering requirement while table games may contribute 50%. If you’re placing consistent bets of R5 per game round, you’ll meet the wagering requirement faster while playing the game with the higher contribution – in this case, the slots.
- Bet size limits: casinos may limit the size of the bets when playing with a bonus. If you’re playing with free spins this won’t be an issue since the casino determines the bet size of the free spins awarded.
- Time restrictions: you may need to claim a bonus within a given time after you have created your account or after you have made a deposit. Another clause the casino might add is that you must meet the wagering requirement of a bonus within a specified period before the bonus is removed from your balance.
The requirements listed may seem a bit restrictive at first, but once you get the hang of playing with bonus money you’ll likely find that they are easy to work with.
Fortunately, there are plenty of online Visa casinos that accept Visa payments and offer awesome bonuses for both new players and existing players.
Visa is probably the most widespread method of payment supported at online casinos, so it’s not that difficult to hunt down the bonus offers. However, be sure to play at licensed Visa casinos to secure the safety of your funds at all times.
The casinos listed on this site have been screened for valid licences. These licences have been cross-referenced with the official gambling authorities that issued them to confirm their legitimacy.
Ho to Withdraw at Visa Casinos Online
Cashing out money to your visa account is quick and easy, especially if you have already used your card to deposit.
Follow these steps to complete your withdrawal while you are logged into your casino account
Your withdrawal will be deducted from your casino balance immediately. However, it may take a few days to show up in your account after the funds have been released by the casino. The exact time frame varies but ranges between a few hours and 5 business days.
- 1Navigate to the banking area of the casino.
- 2Click on ‘Withdraw’ or ‘Cashout’ to initiate the withdrawal process.
- 3Enter the amount that you want to withdraw and click ‘Proceed.’ If you have already deposited with Visa, you may not have to do anything else as the payment will automatically be processed via the same method. Some Visa casinos may still ask you to complete the remaining steps.
- 4Click on the Visa icon to select it as your payment method.
- 5Enter your card number, cardholder name, and card expiry date in the spaces provided.
- 6Enter the CVV number located at the back of your card.
- 7Confirm the transaction by clicking on the relevant button.
How safe are Visa Casinos?
Visa casinos that are properly licensed are very safe. The casinos recommended on this site have reputable licences. If you’re going to play at other Visa casinos, make sure that they are regulated by official authorities such as these:
- Malta Gaming Authority (MGA)
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC)
- Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (GRA)
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC)
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC)
- Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission
- The Directorate Of Offshore Gaming in Antigua and Barbuda
As long as the casino is regulated by a respected authority you can rest assured that your money is safe. Visa uses advanced technologies to protect your payments and prevent your card from being used without authorisation.
This is arguably the safest online payment method available. Morning Consult Brand Intelligence ranks Visa as the 9th most trusted brand in the world, trailing closely behind legendary names like Google, PayPal, and Microsoft.
More About Visa as a Payment Method
Visa is a global payment solution that processed over 185 billion Visa card purchase transactions in 2020. Roughly 3.3 billion of the Visa cards that have been issued are currently in use all over the world.
In South Africa, obtaining a Visa card is a relatively painless process. If you’re applying for a Visa debit or credit card, you’ll have to make your way to a bank or financial institution that issues them. Since these cards are linked to accounts, you are required to open an account before you will be issued a Visa card.
Visa cardholders have access to a variety of perks above and beyond claiming the best bonuses at online Visa casinos. These include travel deals, food and wine discounts, fine dining experiences, as well as shopping, sports, and entertainment benefits.
The benefits are different for each type of Visa card and they increase as the status of the card increases. The debit and credit cards can be classified by status in ascending order:
- Visa Classic
- Visa Gold
- Visa Platinum
- Visa Signature
- Visa Infinite
Visa prepaid cards are standard, which means the same benefits apply to all prepaid card users.
The Advantages of Online Visa Casinos
There are plenty of benefits when using Visa as your preferred method of gambling payment online. In addition to the member benefits that come with the different card levels, you can enjoy the following perks:
- Transactions are securely encrypted by the latest encryption technology.
- A wide spectrum of bonus offers and promotions available due to Visa’s popularity at online Visa casinos.
- Instant deposits.
- High deposit and withdrawal limits compared with other payment methods.
- Your online casino activity will reflect on your account statements
- Withdrawals are not instant. They may take several days to reflect in your account balance.
- You may need to monitor your casino spending if you are using a Visa credit card to gamble online.
The pros and cons listed above are adaptable from player to player. Some people may find that having casino transactions on their statements help to manage their profits and losses while others find it intrusive.
Nevertheless, consider where the points rank for you when playing at online casinos.
Frequently asked questions about Visa Casinos
Yes, it’s safe to play at licensed Visa casinos that are regulated by respected licensing authorities. Visa is a reliable, secure payment method that is trusted by millions of global users.
With that being said, playing at unlicensed online casinos is rarely a good idea. These casinos are not monitored by gambling authorities, so nothing is preventing them from behaving fraudulently. Play at licensed, reputable online casinos to safeguard your money.
Yes, Visa deposits are instant. Your deposit will reflect in your casino account immediately.
After the withdrawal has been processed and released by the casino, it could take anywhere between a few hours and a few days to reflect in your account. It typically won’t take longer than 5 business days, but there could be exceptions.
Not all of them. Although Visa is widely used, it is not supported for deposits and withdrawals at all casinos. Some online casinos only support Visa deposits while others only support Visa withdrawals.
If you have deposited at a casino that does not support Visa withdrawals, you will be asked to select a different payment method when you request a withdrawal.
No. Many casinos accept Visa debit cards, credit cards, and prepaid cards; however, some online casinos don’t support all three payment methods.
Yes, you can. Most online casinos are fully functional on mobile devices. You can begin playing immediately without downloading any software. Simply click on any of the casino links on this page to launch the casino in your mobile browser.
These mobile Visa casinos offer the same games and features as their desktop counterparts. You can claim the same bonuses, deposit, withdraw, and contact customer support when you play on a handheld device.
The minimum deposit amount varies depending on the casino. Online casinos can impose minimum deposit values at their discretion. It is usually low enough for it to not be an issue.
There is no maximum amount that you can withdraw if you are playing with real money. If withdrawals are limited per transaction, your entire withdrawal will be paid to you in increments.