Best Real Money Online Casino Sites in South Africa
100% Match Bonus + 30 Free Spins on First Deposit
To the Casino
Jackpot City Casino
R24,144 Deposit Bonus
To the Casino
100% Up To R1,000 + R30,000 Welcome Bonus
To the Casino
Up To R11,500 Free
To the Casino
100% Up To R999 + 99 Free Spins
To the Casino
100% Up To R3,333 + 100 Free Spins
To the Casino
South African Online Casinos that Deal With Real Money
The expert casino gamblers and reviewers here at South Africa Casinos use their years of expertise in the field to search, test and rate the best real money online casino sites in South Africa. Our goal is to be your guiding light when it comes to online gambling and keep you up to date with the latest news, promotions and online casinos that accept South African players.
We know it’s hard finding above-board online casinos in South Africa. In fact, there aren’t many that operate legally within the borders. But the good news is that offshore casinos that comply with strict international licensing regulations are legit. Joining a fully authorised and licensed real money online casino lowers the risk of potential withdrawal issues and other issues that come with unlicensed casinos.
That’s why we make it our job to find you the best real money online casino sites that cater to South African players. We’ve simplified the search process for you. We review, rate and recommend top real money SA casinos that comply with high industry standards. On our list, you’ll only find the most fun, attractive and responsive casinos designed with South African players in mind.
How We Review Real Money Casinos
Analysing the ins and outs of real money casinos takes some time. And we know you want to get playing as soon as you can. So, we’ve streamlined the process for you. We put every South African online casino on our top list to the test according to our in-depth review checklist. If it doesn’t tick all the boxes, it doesn’t make our list.
Here’s what we look for when we reveal real money casinos in South Africa.
- Registration and verification – we sign up to make sure the process is straightforward and then go through the casino’s player identification verification process to find out what’s needed and how long it takes to verify your identity and proof of residence.
- Bonuses and promotions – whether you fancy a generous welcome package, a bundle of free spins or a variety of revolving promotions, we’ve got your back. We check out the best online casinos and list the available offers that you can claim both as a new player and a loyal customer.
- Look, feel and usability – when it comes to usability, we carefully go through a casino’s overall functionality and design. From layout and first impressions to actual performance, we make sure you only play at real money casinos that are responsive, easy to navigate and offer all the features and tools needed for a superb online gambling experience.
- Casino games – our reviews delve into each casino’s lobby, checking out which software developers have teamed up with a casino, what you’ll find in the lobby and whether or not there is a live casino section.
- Mobile compatibility – the best South African online casinos are ones with apps or, at the very least, full mobile compatibility. We highlight any special features and how to install the app (if there is one) as well as the mobile site’s usability across different mobile devices.
- Licenses and security – a legit casino holds one or more licenses from an international regulatory body, like the Government of Curacao, the Malta Gaming Authority or the UK Gambling Commission. As a result, these sites must adhere to strict safety and security protocols and fair gambling policies.
- Payment methods – one of the most important elements of a good online casino is that it accepts banking methods that are safe and convenient for South African players. We take note of deposit and withdrawal times, limits and any associated fees. We also check out if a casino accepts ZAR or if you’ll need to incur currency conversion fees to play in USD or EURO.
- Customer support – who do you contact with a concern or question, and how? Use our reviews of real money casinos in South Africa to find out how to contact a platform’s customer support team and if they are available 24/7 or not.
- Loyalty and VIP rewards – existing casino customers want to enjoy a casino’s rewards. We review each online casino’s loyalty and VIP rewards to make sure you get the best bang for your bucks.
- Sportsbook – we don’t just focus on the casino platform, our reviews also analyse whether or not a site has a sportsbook and if so, we give an overview of the betting markets, limits, odds and live betting options.
Sign Up For a Real Money Casino Account
Once you’ve gone through our list of the best real money casinos for South Africans, it’s time to sign up. Before you can claim any bonuses or play to win, you’ll need a real money account.
The good news is that registering at an online casino is one of the easiest, stress-free online experiences.
- Pick a real money casino from our top list and head to the site.
- Find the Join or Sign Up button.
- Complete the registration form by inputting information such as your name, contact number, birth date and a few other details.
- Choose a secure username and password.
- Head over to your inbox for the verification link.
- Click on the link to verify your new casino account.
- Go back to the casino and log into your account.
- Go to the Cashier and pick your preferred payment method.
- Follow the instructions to complete your first deposit and claim any bonuses on offer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Real Money Casinos South Africa
How do I make a deposit at real money casinos in South Africa?
You need to choose a site from our list of the best real money casino sites in South Africa and create an account. Then, log into the account and go to the cashier or deposit page and choose how much you want to deposit, along with your preferred payment method. Some casinos have a minimum deposit amount, so make sure you check this out to avoid frustration.
Which are the best real money casino sites in South Africa?
Finding the best real money casinos that cater to South Africans can be time-consuming. We’ve done it all for you, though, right here at South Africa Casinos. Take a look through our top list of online casinos and pick one that caters to your banking and gaming needs.
Are real money casinos games rigged or are they fair?
Provided the real money casino you play at is licensed by a reputable body, like the UKGC, MGA or Curacao, and holds a seal of approval from a third party that regularly tests games for fairness (like eCOGRA), you’re all good. These are respectable authorities that ensure online casinos adhere to fair gaming policies, make use of random number generators, and use top protection measures to look after your money and personal information.
Is it safe to play at real money casinos in South Africa?
You should always be cautious when looking for real money casinos. After all, you’re betting your hard-earned cash over the internet. The South African online casinos that we recommend use first-class encryption software to ensure that everything is kept watertight. Along with that, they use firewalls and other security software to keep criminals from mining your information. The best real money casinos in South Africa are the ones that take your safety seriously.
Can I play at real money casinos on my phone or tablet?
Yes, the best real money casinos online offer players a native iOS or Android app for download, and most of them are optimised for instant play on your mobile’s internet browser. We recommend playing over a secure 4G or Wi-Fi network for stability and security.
Can I use South African Rands to gamble online?
You can, and we recommend that you do if it means you can avoid paying extra fees for exchanging currency. What’s more, respectable South African online casinos prefer that you pay in your national currency, at least the casinos that we recommend do. They’ll also accept payment methods local to you, safe, trustworthy and reliable.
Are there deposit and withdrawal limits for South African casino players?
Yes, most South Africa online casinos put limits in place in terms of banking. While some allow you to deposit wads of cash, the withdrawal limits are usually strict. If you’re not sure what the limits are, you can check out our reviews, the casino’s banking page, the FAQ page or get in touch with the casino’s customer support team.
What do I do if I have any problems at real money casinos?
Problems can and do arise, even at the best real money casinos. The easiest way to deal with issues is to contact the customer service department. In our reviews of real money casinos for South Africans, we list the different ways to get in touch with a casino’s team (email/live chat/toll-free number/contact form) and how long it takes for them to get back to you, as well as what hours they are available.
How To Access Real Money Casinos In South Africa
Once you’ve signed up at real money casinos in South Africa, it’s time to decide how you’re going to access a platform. The casinos on our top list accept South African gamblers, so you won’t need a VPN to access the platforms.
There are two ways to access the casino on your Mac or computer:
- Instant play casino – access the casino games and casino functions directly through your internet browser.
- Downloadable casino – download the casino software for access to all the real money casino games.
Most real money casinos also allow you to access their platforms through your cell phone or tablet. It’s a pretty simple process. All you have to do is head to the casino through your mobile browser. Or, if there is a native app available, download it to your device.
Once you’ve accessed the casino and signed up, you can make a real money deposit and claim any bonuses. South Africans are spoiled for choice when it comes to extending their bankroll. Some of the most popular bonuses available at real money casinos include:
- No deposit bonus – this is a casino’s way of rewarding you just for registering an account. You don’t need to make a deposit to claim the offer, but you will need to fulfil wagering requirements.
- Welcome bonus – offers for new players that can include a variety of bonuses, free spins and free play for your first deposit or spread out over your first few deposits.
- Reload bonus – usually a match deposit bonus that casinos award to players when you refund your casino account.
- Match deposit bonus – usually given as part of a welcome bonus where a percentage of your deposit is matched by the casino, giving you bonus funds to play with.
- Free spins – free spins are a must-have for slots lovers, allowing you to play and win at real money casinos without risking your own money.
- Cashback bonus – feeling unlucky? Casinos feel your pain, which is why, from time to time, they give you back a part of the money you wagered and lost.
- VIP bonus – bonuses for a casino’s high rollers. The higher the stakes you wager on, the higher the bonuses you’re awarded.
Real money casinos for South African players are certainly generous, but we have to mention wagering requirements. It’s seldom you’ll come across completely free bonus cash. Rather, bonuses have terms and conditions attached, including:
- Expiry dates and wagering timeframes.
- Minimum deposit requirements to claim an offer.
- Maximum cashout amounts applicable to bonus funds and any winnings from those funds.
- Playthrough requirements – the number of times you must wager the deposit and usually the bonus before you can request a withdrawal.
- Payment method restrictions (Skrill and Neteller deposits are often exempt from welcome bonuses, for example).
Deposits and Withdrawals of Real Money at Online Casinos South Africa
For a chance to win at South African real money casinos, you need to deposit real cash. There are a few different ways in which online casinos allow you to deposit funds and withdraw your winnings, and it’s a good idea to make sure a casino has your preferred payment method before you sign up.
For the most part, the best South African online casinos on our list do accept ZAR. If not, your funds will automatically be converted upon deposit.
Popular ways to fund your casino account include:
As you can see, there are plenty of suitable deposit methods for your Rands. Overall, real money casino deposits are instant, with no additional fees on the casino’s side.
Bank transfers, though, can take a little while to process. That’s because there are no South African-based online casinos, which means bank transfers from the country to an offshore casino’s bank account can take around 24 to 72 hours to reflect. That’s why we recommend using SID EFT payments. Take note, though, that this payment method can have lower maximum deposit limits if you’re planning on going big.
Another important point to mention about South African online casino banking is that if you want to use your credit card to fund your casino account, you might need to fill in an authorisation form, supplied by the casino.
Real Money Casino Withdrawals for South African Players
It’s seldom that you’ll come across instant withdrawals at real money casinos, with even the best sites taking around 24 to 48 hours or longer to process your withdrawal request. The quickest way to get your hands on your winnings is via cryptocurrency or e-wallets. But some withdrawal options, like credit card and bank transfer, can take as long as 20 days before the funds reflect in your account.
The South African online casinos have their withdrawal processing times displayed in the cashier or banking section. If you’re in doubt about anything, you can always contact the casino’s customer support team.
Popular ways to withdraw your winnings from SA real money casinos include:
- Bank transfers
- Wire transfer
Verifying Your Online Casino Account
Depending on where real money casinos are licensed determines how strict their verification process is.
For example, casinos that hold a license from Curacao require you to authorise your credit card, while casinos licensed by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission or Malta Gaming Authority require you to scan or take a photo of your driver’s license, ID card and lights and water bill.
There is one thing all the real money casinos on our list have in common, and that is that they require you to verify your identity before you can make your first withdrawal.
Unlike sports betting sites in South Africa, you won’t need to provide FICA documents to verify your account, but you will need to provide ID and proof of residence documents, which you can submit to the casino via email. Some casinos have a section within your account where you can upload the documents.
This may sound like a cumbersome process, but any casino that’s above-board will require you to verify your details before you can withdraw your winnings. If they didn’t, we’d see it as a red flag.
Online Casino Table Games for Real Money
So, you’ve chosen your favourite real money casino. You’ve opened an account, made a deposit and you’ve got a bonus burning to be used. It’s time to get down to the games.
The best online casinos for South Africans have a large selection of games, from reels to tables and sometimes even scratch cards. Many games can be played for free and for real money.
Popular table games for South African gamblers include:
- Roulette – watch as a live dealer or the computer spins the roulette wheel and guess where the ball will stop. Bet on what number the ball will stop, the colour of the slot, odd or even numbers, half or a dozen. There are plenty of betting options and game variants to try out.
- Poker – poker is popular amongst South African players, with many real money casinos hosting regular poker tournaments. From video poker games to real money tables with real dealers, there are plenty of opportunities to flex your gambling muscles and try your luck at putting together a full house or a royal flush. Playing poker online also gives you the chance to apply different tactics and strategies with the chance to win real cash prizes.
- Blackjack – who doesn’t love the thrill of trying to make it to 21 without going bust? Another popular option at real money casinos, blackjack is a fast-paced, exciting game for new and seasoned players alike.
- Baccarat – similar to blackjack, in baccarat you need to collect the sum of cards equal to the number 9.
Online Slots at Real Money Casinos SA
The slots room is undoubtedly the highlight of any real money casino that accepts South Africans. Slots fans will find all their favourite reels from classic three-reel slots to the most immersive five-reel video options.
If you like fantasy themes, you can play one of the slot games that focuses on interactive themes and engaging storylines. There are also slots with themes like mysticism, science fiction, mythology, military life, superheroes, animals, magic, history and so much more.
One of the coolest things about real money slots are the special features, such as free spins rounds, scatters, wild symbols, rolling reels, exploding symbols, mystery symbols and the chance to gamble to try and win more. All of these features offer the opportunity to extend your gameplay and your bankroll as you enjoy spinning your favourite reels.
If you’re more interested in chasing after massive wins, you can try your luck at progressive jackpot slot games where you compete with players from around the globe. You don’t need to do anything special when you play progressive slots, just play the way you normally would and hope that lady luck is on your side.
With progressive slots at real money casinos, you can start spinning just as you usually would. But if you activate the option to participate in the progressive game, and make the necessary progressive jackpot deposit, you stand to win the main prize (the jackpot is made up of a percentage of each person’s bets).
As you keep spinning to win, other players from around the world are doing the same thing. The combined deposits make up the prize pool which can run into hundreds of thousands, and even millions, of Rands. The person lucky enough to hit the prize wins the entire jackpot and the game then starts again.
Slots at real money casinos in South Africa are a fantastic way to take a break from tense table and card games and enjoy a little light-hearted fun, for potentially large wins.
Real Money Live Dealer Casinos
South Africa may have plenty of stunning land-based casinos, but sometimes you just want to put on your onesie, climb into bed and play your favourite games without stepping foot outside the door. And thanks to live casino games, you can do exactly that.
With live casino games, you get to play games against a real dealer. Thanks to live-streaming technology, you can enjoy the real casino experience and chat to the dealer while he or she deals cards, shuffles the decks and you place your bets, all from a swanky casino studio, often in Europe.
Live casino games are available both on the computer and mobile devices, so you can play games like poker, roulette, baccarat and blackjack at the click of a button. You can even try your luck at game-show type games like Deal or No Deal or play Monopoly Live. With so many choices, you won’t want to go to a land-based casino again!