Best Online Crypto Casinos South Africa
100% Match Bonus + 30 Free Spins on First Deposit
To the Casino
Jackpot City Casino
R24,144 Deposit Bonus
To the Casino
100% Up To R1,000 + R30,000 Welcome Bonus
To the Casino
Up To R11,500 Free
To the Casino
100% Up To R999 + 99 Free Spins
To the Casino
100% Up To R3,333 + 100 Free Spins
To the Casino
Top-Rated Online Crypto Gambling Sites
Many South Africans have already embraced cryptocurrencies. It’s been an easy transition for us since a huge portion of the SA population already uses mobile money for most of its financial needs.
If you’re ready to get started at the best crypto casinos available to South African players, select one of the sites from our toplist below. We’ve tested every element of these casinos and many others that didn’t make it to the list.
The casinos below yield the lowest transaction fees (if any), the fastest withdrawal timeframes, the most trustworthy gambling licences, the best collections of games, and they support the most popular crypto wallet providers in South Africa.
Getting Started with Crypto Casinos
Crypto casinos are online casinos that let you transact with cryptocurrency. At these casinos, you can deposit, play, and withdraw with cryptocurrency instead of fiat currencies like Rands, Euros, or Dollars.
If you’re new to crypto casinos, or cryptocurrencies in general, the idea of them may be intimidating at first. However, they’re not much different from regular online casinos at all. They provide players who haven’t entered the cryptocurrency market yet with a fun incentive to get started.
We’ll cover all aspects of these trending online gambling platforms on this page: claiming bonuses, signing up, depositing, security, withdrawing your winnings – and everything in between.
Before you can start playing with cryptocurrency, you need to have a positive balance in a crypto wallet. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t get started at crypto casinos straight away, without funds in a crypto wallet.
There are plenty of crypto casinos that let you deposit, play, and withdraw with regular fiat currency. These are known as hybrid crypto gambling sites. Cryptocurrencies are an optional payment method at these sites.
However, some sites are exclusively designed for cryptocurrencies. These are known as crypto-only gambling sites.
You can begin playing at crypto casinos that support fiat transactions using the same process as at regular online casinos. You simply:
- Sign up.
- Choose the fiat currency you want to play in (Rand, Euro, Dollar, etc.)
- Enter the amount you want to deposit
- Select your deposit method (credit or debit cards, transfers, e-wallets, or prepaid) and follow the prompts to complete your deposit.
- Play the games.
Now, if you want to use cryptocurrencies at the online casino, that’s a slightly different story. But not that different. To highlight the differences, look at the steps for gambling with cryptocurrencies.
Steps for getting started with cryptocurrency at a crypto casino:
- Sign up.
- Choose the cryptocurrency you want to play in.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Use the QR code or the depositing address that the casino provides you with to transfer the deposit amount from your virtual wallet to your casino balance.
- Play the games.
The difference comes in when you are required to complete the deposit. Instead of entering your bank, credit card, e-wallet, or prepaid PIN details, you need to physically transfer the funds from your virtual wallet to the casino using the casino address provided or the QR code.
When we say, “physically,” we mean that you’ll have to open your virtual wallet in a separate browser window, or app, and complete the transaction. The deposit isn’t completed ‘inside’ the online casino, as with other deposit methods.
Frequently asked questions about Crypto Casinos
Are crypto casinos reliable?
Yes. Crypto casinos that are licensed and regulated by respected, trustworthy gambling authorities are reliable. These casinos must meet strict criteria to earn their licences and adhere to rigorous policies to maintain them. Licensed casinos are frequently audited by the authorities that regulate them.
When you play at licensed crypto casinos, you can be sure that the games are random, the payout rates (return to player percentages) are fair, and that your financial information and personal details are protected by the latest security technology.
How do I deposit at crypto casinos?
To deposit at a crypto casino, you need to transfer money from your virtual wallet to your crypto casino account. You can do this by entering the casino’s unique address into your virtual wallet account. If you are on a mobile device, you can scan the casino’s unique QR code in your virtual wallet.
Can I get bonuses at crypto casinos?
Yes, you can get the same types of bonuses at crypto casinos as you can at regular online casinos. These include welcome bonuses, deposit bonuses, free spins, cashback bonuses, and high roller bonuses.
What types of games can I play at crypto casinos?
You can play the same games at these casinos as at other online casinos. The games include slots, jackpot games, progressive slots, tables, live casino games, cards, video poker, scratch cards, bingo, and lotteries.
Do crypto casinos allow sports betting?
Many of them do, but not all of them. If you want to bet on sports, be sure to sign up at online casinos that have sportsbooks. Crypto casinos have some of the best sportsbooks available. You can also bet on sports, lucky numbers, events, virtual sports, and esports.
Where can I find new crypto casinos?
You can find them on this page. Browse our list of casinos and choose one that appeals to you. Our lists are updated regularly. If there is a new crypto casino on the block that meets our high standards, we’ll add it to the list.
Which crypto casino is the best?
The best crypto casino for you will be the one that hosts the games you enjoy playing and supports the cryptocurrency you want to transact in.
We list the crypto casinos that meet our criteria: reputable licences, regularly audited, fair payout percentages, comprehensive game portfolios, trusted software providers, reliable payment solutions, and worthwhile bonuses.
What are the best virtual wallets for gambling at crypto casinos?
There are plenty of amazing virtual wallets available – most of them are free to create. The best wallet for your crypto casino gaming needs will be the wallet accepted by casinos you enjoy playing at. It’s also a good idea to choose wallets with the lowest transaction fees.
These are a few of the virtual wallets that facilitate cryptocurrency iGaming transactions and are popular at crypto casinos in South Africa: CoinsPaid, Oobit, Blockchain, Cryptonator, and CoinPayments.
Some casinos support transactions with many different crypto wallets because they employ a crypto infrastructure, such as MoonPay, to facilitate deposits and withdrawals to and from the casino.
Crypto Casino Bonuses to Get You Excited
Although crypto casinos are growing in popularity, they currently represent a much smaller portion of the online gambling market compared to regular online casinos and betting sites. Since they are relatively ‘new’ to the game and carving out their slice of the market share, you’ll likely find very attractive welcome bonuses at these casinos.
On top of the regular welcome deposit bonuses that most online gambling sites offer, crypto casinos usually throw in an impressive number of free spins to sweeten the deal.
And that’s only the start of it.
At crypto gambling sites, you’ll likely receive regular deposit bonus offers, cashback bonuses, no deposit bonuses, and plenty of exciting promotions to keep things fresh and entertaining.
Before you go ahead and claim these offers, remember that crypto bonuses are subject to the same provisions as regular bonuses, which may affect your gameplay and withdrawals.
If you’ve read through the terms of the bonus and want to claim it, you simply follow the prompts provided by the casino. This usually requires you to opt-in for the bonus during registration or the deposit process.
Cryptocurrency Deposits at Online Casinos
According to Statista, there are over 4,500 different cryptocurrencies. That number has increased by over 6,500% since 2013 when there were around 70. In the past two years, the number has almost doubled. Some resources maintain that the number of unique cryptocurrencies currently available is much higher.
Most crypto casinos support more than one cryptocurrency, while some of them only support one. For example, exclusive Bitcoin online casinos only support bitcoin. If you want to play in different cryptocurrencies, rather choose a casino that supports several.
The most common cryptocurrencies supported at crypto casinos are:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Dogecoin (DOG)
- Tether (USDT)
An awesome aspect of playing at crypto casinos is that the majority of them let you switch between the cryptocurrencies supported as you see fit. Very few regular online casinos let you switch up your fiat currency once you have selected it.
Once you’ve signed up at a gambling site (if required) and are ready to deposit in cryptocurrency, follow these steps:
- Click the deposit button.
- Select the cryptocurrency from the dropdown menu or list of icons.
- Copy the address or scan the QR code provided by the casino.
- Enter the address or QR code into your virtual wallet.
- Confirm the amount you want to deposit into your casino account.
- Click ‘Enter’ or ‘Proceed’ or a similar button to complete the transaction.
When the transaction is complete, the funds will show up in your casino balance immediately.
The address you are provided by the casino is your private, unique depositing address. Other players will not have the same address as you. This is how deposits can reflect immediately in your balance.
If the casino supports more than one cryptocurrency, the depositing address will be different for each one. The minimum deposit allowed will vary between cryptocurrencies because each cryptocurrency has its own monetary value.
Cryptocurrency Withdrawals at Online Casinos
Withdrawing your cryptocurrency at crypto casinos is very much the same as withdrawing fiat money from regular online gambling sites.
The process looks like this:
- Click on ‘Withdraw’ or ‘Cashout’ or similar.
- Select the cryptocurrency you would like to cash out. If the casino only supports one cryptocurrency then you won’t have to choose.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw in the space provided.
- Enter your unique crypto address in the space provided in the casino.
- Click on ‘Proceed’ or ‘Confirm’ or similar.
Withdrawals in cryptocurrencies are usually processed immediately and they should reflect in your account within 10 minutes. This is a huge pull factor when it comes to cryptocurrency gambling.
Another benefit is that most crypto casinos won’t ask you to verify your account before you can request a withdrawal. However, they do reserve the right to carry out verification when they think it might be necessary.
Nevertheless, bypassing the verification process saves players a lot of time and unnecessary hassles. It means that you don’t have to send the casino a copy of your ID document and proof of address.
Is this a Safe Payment Method?
Playing at crypto casinos, depositing cryptocurrency, and withdrawing cryptocurrency from online casinos is safe if you are playing at a properly licensed and regulated online casino.
In other words, safety protocols are the same for crypto casinos and regular online gambling sites – the casinos must adhere to the safety requirements of their licences.
When you play at licensed crypto casinos, your transactions and funds are protected at all times by the latest industry-standard encryption technology. The casinos have built-in mechanisms that prevent theft or access to sensitive information.
Additionally, most crypto casinos store cryptocurrencies in cold wallets. This means that your private address and key are stored offline in a secure software wallet that is not connected to the internet. These cold wallets are encrypted for added protection.
All the crypto casinos that we recommend have authentic licences that we validate with the licensing authorities that issued them. If you choose to play at sites that aren’t listed on SouthAfricaCasinos.net, be sure to cross-reference the licence with the official licensing authority to avoid falling prey to fake licences.
Reputable licences to look out for are those issued by:
- The Malta Gaming Authority (AGCC)
- The Great Britain Gambling Commission (UKGC)
- The Gibraltar Licencing and Regulatory Authority
- The Alderney Gaming Control Commission (AGCC)
- The Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC)
- The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission (GSC)
- The Directorate of Offshore Gaming in Antigua and Barbuda – the directorate’s parent body is the Financial Services Regulatory Commission (FSRC)
There are many more reputable gambling authorities that are internationally recognised and can be trusted to audit online gambling sites effectively, thereby ensuring that players are safe when gambling online at these sites.
Editor’s Choice: Handpicked Crypto Casinos for South Africans
Rank Crypto Casino Name 1 BitStarz 2 Playamo 3 1xBit
Pros and Cons of Crypto Casinos
Players who enjoy gambling anonymously are drawn to crypto casinos because cryptocurrency transactions are renowned for their privacy.
Cryptocurrency, unlike fiat currency, is decentralised. Since cryptocurrencies are not monitored by banks and institutions, there’s no financial authority poking its nose in your cryptocurrency dealings.
There are numerous benefits to playing at crypto casinos. Here’s a summary of the major advantages:
- Play Anonymously – your transactions are not linked to a financial institution or bank account, so your gambling activity won’t show up on your bank statements or credit card statements.
- Fast Registration – the registration process is typically much faster since crypto casinos don’t ask for many details. Your name and mobile phone number usually suffice.
- Instant Deposits – crypto deposits reflect in your casino account balance immediately and you can begin playing.
- Impressive Bonuses – there are some very lucrative bonus offers available because crypto casinos are still in the ‘emerging’ phase of their life cycle. They compete with regular online casinos to attract new players.
- Speedy Withdrawals – cashouts at the best crypto casinos reflect in your virtual wallet immediately or within a few minutes.
- No KYC Verification – you can avoid the KYC (Know Your Customer) verification process so you don’t have to hassle with sending through or uploading your identification documents.
- Secure Transactions – cryptocurrency transactions are encrypted by the latest technology within the casino and your virtual wallet.
The advantages are appealing enough to get started with cryptocurrency online gambling straight away. But before you do, consider some of the less remarkable features of these casinos:
- Additional Steps – you’ll have to confirm your deposits in your virtual wallet before they are processed.
- Possible Fees – you may encounter fees when depositing or withdrawing your funds at the casino. Fees may be imposed by your virtual wallet provider or by the online casino itself. Most casino-related fees correspond to withdrawals, not deposits.
- Fluctuating Values – cryptocurrencies are more volatile than fiat currencies. Their values can change quite drastically from one day to the next. This can work in your favour or against you depending on whether the value increased or decreased.
- Limited Casinos – you will be restricted to a smaller variety of online casinos that let you play in cryptocurrencies as opposed to fiat currencies.
To sum it all up:
Although cryptocurrencies seem complicated at first, they aren’t that different from regular currencies. The only real difference is that there’s no tangible form of cryptocurrency that you can hold in your hand.
Bitcoin, founded in 2009, is considered by most analysts to be the first cryptocurrency that emerged. While cryptocurrencies seem to be a vague idea to many people, the reality is that they’ve been around for well over a decade.
In South Africa, cryptocurrencies and digital payments are being adopted much more rapidly than in many European countries and other regions of the world. This can be attributed to the instability of the Rand, and the fact that South Africans have been using digital payment methods for a long time since a large percentage of our population has restricted access to banks.