Best Casinos to Play Online Craps with Real Money in South Africa
||1XBet Read Review||100% Match Bonus + 30 Free Spins on First Deposit||To the Casino|
||Jackpot City Casino Read Review||R24,144 Deposit Bonus||To the Casino|
||Casino Tropez Read Review||100% Up To R1,000 + R30,000 Welcome Bonus||To the Casino|
||Springbok Casino Read Review||Up To R11,500 Free||To the Casino|
||Yako Casino Read Review||100% Up To R999 + 99 Free Spins||To the Casino|
||Yeti Casino Read Review||100% Up To R3,333 + 100 Free Spins||To the Casino|
A Few words About the History of Craps
There are a few theories of where craps originated however according to some accounts, craps were invented by Roman troops while others claim that the game originated from an Arabic dice game known as Al Dar, which means “dice” and was brought to Europe in the 12th century. And others believe craps was invented by Sir William of Tyre.
How Craps Became an Online Hit
The craps dice games found immense popularity which is what led the software providers to develop them. Vivo Gaming created the first online craps table. The live craps table game was introduced in 2020.
Due to this popular explosion of the online casino table game craps, there are now so many different and exciting variants of the game available in the online world of gambling, Craps online gambling can keep you entertained for hours.
Understanding How to Play Online Craps in South Africa
Online craps is a fun table game played with two dice. It can be played by up to 20 players, also known as the shooters, each taking turns to roll the dice; and the dealer will observe the winning or losing stakes.
When playing craps, the object is to correctly predict the value of the dice before they are rolled.
The players must place their bets before the first roll of the dice. The players decide if the dice will land on 7 or 11; or 2,3 or 12.
- 7 or 11: Pass Out / Natural: when the result of the roll is either 7 or 11, the player wins and they get to roll the dice again.
- 2,3 or 12: Don’t Pass Bet / Craps: when the player lands a 2 (aka ‘snake eyes‘), 3 or 12, that’s when the player loses but they can roll again.
- 4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10: Point: the dealer will place a puck on the number point on the table to help the players follow the game. If you choose to play an online casino game instead of live dealer online craps, you will have the option to mark the table yourself. You then get to roll again with the winning goal of landing the same number (not necessarily from the same dice combination). If you land the 7 now, it’s called that you ‘seven out‘ and you lose.
Live Dealer Online Casino Craps in South Africa
Live dealer online craps game is the most exciting way to play craps online.
Online casinos that offer a live casino section will have this option available. You will be able to communicate with the live dealer via a chat option on your screen. It will seem as though you are sitting at the table with the dealer.
Live online craps have the same betting options as a land-based casino. Online Craps games with live dealers offer players a variety of betting options and odds that are highly appealing.
Each online casino’s payouts may vary as well as the minimum and maximum wagers. Please make sure you check out the online casino’s terms and conditions before playing the game for a better understanding.
Betting on Online Craps in South Africa
Well first off, one of the most important things to remember when playing online craps is to have fun, this game is really exciting, very quick and easy to learn and can keep you entertained for hours.
Once you find an online casino that meets your deposit method requirements, offers online table games, and perhaps even a free version that allows you to practice online craps for free, then you are good to go.
Beginner craps players should learn the layout of the craps table as well as the different betting options available to them.
When playing online craps, the players must know the layout of the table.
The player’s bets must be placed before the dice have been thrown.
House margin: you must understand how the betting works before placing a wager on the craps game (we’ve laid out a table that comprises the most popular bets/house margins at online craps casinos)
The following list shows you some of the betting options in online casinos you can choose from.
- Pass Line Bets: If the dice land a combination of 7 or 11 / or a Point, before ‘sevening out’ and losing.
- Don’t Pass Bets: If the dice land on 2,3 or 12.
- Big 6 and Big 8 Bets: If the dice land on 6 or 8 before landing a 7.
- The Field Bets: If the dice land on 3,4,9,10, or 11. (on a single roll of dice) If a player bets on 2 or 12 they could double or triple their money.
- Come and Don’t Come Bets: This bet is made after the pass line bet and it is taken into account when a Point has been shot. Here, you bet if the shooter manages to repeat the Point.
- Place to Win Bets: If the dice land on 4,5,6,8,9 or 10 before landing on 7.
- Place to Lose Bets: If the dice land on 7 before landing on 4,5,6,8,9, or 10.
- Centre Bets: Single roll bets on the odds of dice landing on a pattern.
Neither Pass nor Come bets can be turned off, meaning that they will play themselves out when they become eligible. You can even continue to place bets on them.
Let’s Not Forget the One-Roll Bets from the Centre of the Craps Table
This type of bet focuses only on the very next roll of the dice and the outcome is immediate; you either win or lose:
Any Seven: the shooter lands a 7
Any Craps: the shooter lands a 2, 3, or 12
Ace Deuce: the shooter lands a 3
Aces: the shooter lands a 2
Boxcars: the shooter lands a 12
Horn: the shooter lands a 2, 3, 11, or 12
The Odds for Online Casino Craps
When playing online casino craps in South Africa, you must understand the odds – or the house margin. They will differ depending on the position where your bet will be standing.
The table below has a few house edge percentages that will help you to decide what betting option is best for you. As you can see, the One Roll bets have the highest odds and therefore pay the least.
Keep in mind that different online casinos may vary. Here is an average of the house edge in online casinos in South Africa.
|Betting Option||House Edge|
|Pass Line Bets||1.41%|
|Don't Pass Bets||1.36%|
|Place 4 and Place 10 Bets||6.67%|
|Big 6 and Big 8 Bets||9.09%|
Different Types of Online Craps Games at Online Casinos
You will never be bored with so many different types of online craps available to you from most of the online casinos in South Africa. Here are five of the best variants of craps games in our opinion for the beginner crap players to the pros. There is an online game for everyone to enjoy.
- Bank Craps: This game of craps is one of the most popular craps games, and you will be able to find Bank Craps at most of the online casinos in South Africa. In this variant of craps, the player will bet against the house. In Bank craps, the table has a different layout to that of a regular craps table. Make sure to go over the rules of this game before playing.
- High point Craps: High point craps are exciting and a little different from the classic game of craps. The rules and gameplay do vary a little, but it is rather easy to get the hang of this game especially if you know the classic game of craps. One advantage of high point craps is that if dice are rolled and land on 2 or 3 it is ignored. The only downside of this version of online craps is that the house edge is a bit higher.
- Low Limit Craps: Low Limit Craps is the perfect game for the beginner craps player. This game has low stakes and low pay-ins which is ideal if you want to practice and advance your skills in craps. You will be able to find Low Limit Craps at most of the online casinos in South Africa.
- Simplified Craps: This variant of online craps is also popular and very simple to play. The player against the banker, the shooter rolls the dice only once per game. The house odds are 2.8%. To win the total must be 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, or 12. If the total is a 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 then you will lose. Simplified Craps is a fast, simple game and full of fun.
- Die Rich Craps: This form of craps game can rarely be found in online casinos however some online casinos in South Africa do offer this exciting version of craps. Die Rich Craps is only played with one dice. The rules are different, so make sure you familiarise yourself with the rules of this version of craps before playing.
The Best Online Crap Strategies
If you have played craps in a land-based casino you will find it very easy to play online craps in South Africa. If you are a beginner do not worry, it is a very easy and fun game to learn. Craps is a game of chance however some players believe that strategies do help.
Here are a few solid pointers to give you a nudge at the beginning:
- Get to know your odds.
- Play on Come bet: when it comes to playing craps, this is the best option, as most of the online casinos have a house edge of 1.41%.
- Pass Line bets are popular as many online casinos have the house edge of 1.41%.
- Combine your bets that have a low-house edge.
- Any 7 has the highest house margin, so stay away.
Practice Online Craps: Tips for Playing Online Craps in SA
Here are a few tips for you to consider when you play online casino craps at an online casino in South Africa.
- Set up a gambling budget for your online gambling and make sure you stick to it.
- Learn the basics of online craps before you start playing.
- Start off betting lower amounts until you get the hang of the craps game, then you can up your wagering limit.
- Never chase your losses, you could find yourself in a downward spiral.
- Make sure you take advantage of the bonuses offered by the online casinos.
- Gamble with a clear mind, too much drinking can lead to bad decisions.
- Gamble responsibly and never forget to have FUN.
Our Thoughts on Online Craps in South Africa
The online casino table craps game has become very popular amongst South African players. This is a fast-paced exciting table game of chance, offered by most online casinos in South Africa. There are a variety of craps games available for you to enjoy when playing at online casinos in South Africa.
In addition to automated craps games, you can play live dealer craps as well, which is very exciting and makes it seem as if you are sitting at the table in a real land-based casino while you are actually sitting in the comfort of your own home. Online casino craps is definitely a game we would recommend all to at least try.
Frequently asked questions about online craps
Are online casino craps games rigged?
No. Online casinos use RNG which is a random number generator which makes gaming safe
What is the best bet to make when playing online craps?
Online Craps is a game of chance or pure luck, although strategies are used for players to improve their chance of winning.
What is the best bet to make when playing online craps?
The best wager to make is to bet on a pass bet because most online casinos have a house edge that is the lowest at 1.41%.
Do I have to be a shooter when playing online craps?
No, you do not have to be a shooter. However, it is one of the most thrilling parts of the game.
Can I use my online casino bonuses to play online craps?
Depending on which bonuses you receive and what casino site you join. Yes, you can use your bonuses to play online craps in most of the online casinos.
When playing online live dealer craps can I communicate with the dealer?
Yes, when playing live online craps you will be able to communicate with the live dealer via a chat option.
Is my money safe when playing craps at an online casino in South Africa?
Yes, your money is safe when playing craps at an online casino in South Africa that is licensed.
Who developed live online casino craps?
The world’s first online live craps game was launched by Evolution Gaming in November 2020.