Best New Online Casino Sites in South Africa
100% Match Bonus + 30 Free Spins on First Deposit
To the Casino
Jackpot City Casino
R24,144 Deposit Bonus
To the Casino
100% Up To R1,000 + R30,000 Welcome Bonus
To the Casino
Up To R11,500 Free
To the Casino
100% Up To R999 + 99 Free Spins
To the Casino
100% Up To R3,333 + 100 Free Spins
To the Casino
New Online Casinos for You to Try Out
If you’re looking for a practical and easy way to find the best new online casino sites in South Africa, you’ve landed on the right page. We’ve compiled a list of the latest gambling platforms for you to compare quickly and effortlessly.
The team here at South Africa Casinos has done all the hard work for you. We highlight the most important elements of each operator that we review so you know exactly what to expect from a casino before you even sign up.
Our list of the hottest new South African online casinos can be used by newcomers looking for a great starting point, or accomplished online gamblers wanting to narrow things down and find the best casinos for their gambling needs.
With new operators and platforms hitting the market all the time, it’s not easy keeping up to date with the latest sites and offers without investing a lot of time. Don’t waste precious playing time, check out our top list of the new online casino sites in South Africa and make your decision with ease.
Below, we discuss what to look for in new sites, how to sign up and how to ensure you only play at safe, fair and responsible new casinos for South African players.
What We Look For In South African New Casino Sites
If you think we just look up the latest gambling sites and pop them on our list, think again. Our team of expert reviewers have been in the gambling business for a long time. We know what it takes to create a great online casino, and we know what our South African players want.
That’s why we sign up at every site we review. We put the platforms through a list of checks to make sure they tick all the right boxes, and only if they do, do they make it on our top list of the best new casinos for South Africans.
Here’s what we look for in the best new online casinos.
- Licensing – new casinos for South African gamblers aren’t just random sites that are thrown together. Legitimate sites undergo the licensing procedures necessary to offer fair and safe gaming. Only once a site has proven its reliability and fairness, can it start taking real money bets. The most popular licensing institutions for online casinos in South Africa include the UK Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority. Licensing information should always be displayed on an operator’s website.
- Security – new casinos use the latest security technology in the form of SSL and firewall technology to keep your personal information and money secure. If they don’t, we see it as a red flag.
- The range of games – when reviewing new casinos, we look through the games and various software providers. Famous companies like IGT, Playtech and Microgaming are like a seal of approval for new casinos online as they only ever provide their library of games to licensed and fair operators.
- Banking options – if you want to play at the latest online casinos in South Africa, you need to make real money deposits and withdrawals. Before you create an account, make sure that a casino has payment methods that are convenient for you. For South Africans, InstaDebit, Paysafecard, Skrill, Neteller, credit cards and debit cards are all safe, trustworthy payment methods. We also check if a casino accepts ZAR or if you’ll need to account for currency conversion rates, the minimum and maximum deposit and withdrawal amount and we check out the withdrawal processing times.
- Customer support – if you need help with payments and withdrawals, signing up, claiming a bonus or have a general question, you want someone who can help you when you need it and preferably in English. We put all the new casinos on our list to the test by checking out the customer support response times, communication methods and operating hours to ensure someone is there when you need them.
- Responsible gambling – new casinos dedicate entire pages to this topic, clearly stating your duties and rights. Even if you play at the most reliable online casino in South Africa, you should make sure you know what to expect and that there is help should you need it. Most online casinos offer responsible gambling tools like deposit limits, time limits, cooling off periods and the option to self-exclude if things are getting a little out of hand.
Benefits of Playing at New Online Casinos South Africa
The online casino industry is saturated with operators, and as a result, new casinos need to do everything they can to prove they’re worthy of your Rands. Established online casinos in South Africa have already built loyal customer bases, but newcomers on the market need to start from scratch. It’s not as easy as it sounds, considering the competition in the gambling industry and the large number of competitors.
Reputable gambling platforms that have already had several years of experience in the industry tend to find it easier to survive. But brand-new casinos have to put in a lot of work to make things appealing. As a result, you can look forward to a variety of benefits when playing at new online casinos in South Africa, such as:
- Fresh and secure websites – trying your luck at new South African casinos is a welcome change for both new and experienced gamblers. New casinos offer a change along with funky, fresh interfaces and improved technology. Newer casinos use newer technology which means they can operate faster, offering you an improved gaming experience.
- Larger bonuses – new online casinos in South Africa need to prove that it’s worthwhile signing up with them. As a result, they offer a variety of new bonuses to their new players, hoping to pull in new players and retain existing players. We always make sure that no matter how big or small a bonus is, it comes with reasonable terms, conditions and wagering requirements.
- Exciting games – new online casinos offer exciting slots, table games and live casino games, with the latest games all neatly packaged in their lobbies in their relevant categories, making it easy for you to find what you fancy playing. While some casinos stick to just one software provider, others team up with a list of developers to make the experience more interesting for players.
- Guaranteed pay-outs – new casinos can’t afford to sully their reputation if they want to make it in the market. Amongst other things, this means that their payouts are accurate and fast. The thrill of gambling online is one thing but winning is another. What keeps players coming back to a casino is the hard cash, paid out quickly, with guaranteed payouts.
- Stellar customer support – new casinos will never ignore the importance of customer satisfaction. Customer support at new South African online casinos tends to be somewhat better than at older casinos, simply because newer platforms can’t afford to step on their customer’s toes.
- Rewarding retention promotions – all online casinos strive to keep their players busy and happy to keep them coming back for more. This means that they offer a lot more than just welcome bonuses to new players. There are a variety of other bonuses and revolving promotions along with rewarding loyalty and VIP programmes that give the casino the chance to show their appreciation and keep players gambling on their platforms.
Why You Should Play at New Online Casinos Amazing of Welcome Bonuses Safe websites with fresh designs Exciting new games selection Guaranteed pay-outs Great customer support Rewarding retention promotions
The Best Software Developers At New South Africa Casinos
We mentioned that new casinos provide the latest and greatest casino games, usually from a plethora of software developers. But South Africa casinos have a few favourites to look out for, such as:
- Playtech – besides table games and slots, this company also produces virtual sports games, poker software and betting software. The games that come from Playtech studios are some of the best around, with exceptional mechanics and graphics.
- RTG – this developer has extremely high standards and is known for producing vintage slot games that transport you back to land-based casino days. They might not be the most visually appealing games, but they certainly have a decent following.
- Quickspin – expect award-winning slots from Quickspin, innovators in casino game development.
- Play’n Go – this developer is renowned for amazing game design and immersive graphics. While they’ve produced fewer slots than some other developers, they’re still considered one of the best in the world.
- NetEnt – apart from award-winning slots and progressive jackpots, NetEnt was the first software developer to produce a Virtual Reality slot. You’ll find their classic and modern slots and live casinos at some new casinos for South Africans.
- Microgaming – popular around the globe, Microgaming has produced some of the best slots on the market, complete with advanced graphics and a huge range of themes and payouts.
- Evolution Gaming – the kings of live casino games, Evolution Gaming is always a big plus on a casino’s software provider list.
New Online Casino Offer Amazing Welcome Bonuses
Welcome bonuses at new online casinos vary considerably, but they can soar into the tens of thousands of Rands.
While you might – very occasionally – come across a new player no deposit bonus, the most popular offer for new players in South Africa is the match deposit welcome bonus, often broken down like this example:
- “Get a 200% match deposit bonus up to R10,000 + 50 free spins”
- First deposit – 50 free spins and a 100% match deposit bonus up to R5,000
- Second deposit – 50% match deposit bonus up to R2,500
- Third deposit – 25% match deposit bonus up to R1,500
- Fourth deposit – 25% match deposit bonus up to R1,000
This is merely an example of new online casino welcome bonuses. They differ from one site to the next, with some casinos giving you the entire bonus on your first deposit. There is usually a minimum deposit requirement needed to trigger the bonus, so be aware of this before you sign up at a casino.
More Bonuses and Promotions at New Online Casinos in South Africa
Due to stiff competition between South African online casinos, even established online casinos offer exciting bonuses and promotions as a way to entice new players and retain existing players.
New casinos offer some of the best bonuses and promotions in the industry, with new casino bonuses skyrocketing. Some new casinos do offer no deposit bonuses, which comes as bonus funds for players who register at the casino – no deposit needed.
Bonuses and promotions at new casinos in South African can be used to play real money games, and give you the opportunity to try your luck on games without the risk of losing your own money.
Some online casinos offer a popular bonus called free spins. These are a set amount of spins you can use to play on a specific slot and within a certain amount of time. You’ll frequently find free spins as part of the welcome bonus, but new casinos like to dish out bundles of free spins to regular players, too, to try out on new slot titles or just to try out different slots.
You’ll also come across cashback bonuses at new casinos. This is the casino’s way of having your back when you’re having a bad day. With cashback bonuses, a percentage of your losses wagered on a certain day are given back to you, either as cash or as bonus funds.
Reload bonuses are the casino’s way of rewarding your loyalty when you refund your casino account. Like welcome bonuses, they usually come in the form of a match deposit bonus.
Frequently Asked questions About New Casinos In South Africa
What should I look for in new casinos for South African players?
There are different things to look for in new casinos for South African players, as different platforms are right for different types of players. Bonuses play a big role in which casino you choose, but the choice of games is just as important. There are also payment options to consider, the site’s security and their licensing. You’ll find all these elements in our online casino reviews.
Which new casinos have the best bonuses?
You’ll find that information right here. The team at South Africa Casinos will tell you all about the size of bonuses, the conditions and wagering requirements attached and the minimum deposit amounts. Different casinos have different offers that will suit different budgets.
Can I trust new online casinos in South Africa?
New casinos can be trusted, especially if you find them on our list of recommended sites. We put these platforms to the test to make sure the security procedures they have in place keep your personal details and money safe, and that the site will never sell your details to third parties. We also make sure that all their games are fair and transparent, with regular audits conducted by external bodies.
Can I play at online casinos in Rands?
Yes, the new casinos we recommend accept South African Rands, helping you avoid costly conversion fees, and giving you the opportunity to play in a currency that you’re familiar with. It also means you can deposit and withdraw funds without any stress.
Do new South Africa online casinos provide welcome bonuses and other promotions?
Yes. Welcome bonuses aren’t just the norm in the online gambling world, but new casinos know that to entice you to sign up and play, they need to offer something juicy. While there are some platforms that offer no deposit bonuses, most do offer some sort of welcome bonus in the form of bonus funds and free spins. They all offer revolving promotions and loyalty rewards, too, to keep you coming back again and again.
How do I sign up at a new online casino?
New casinos implement a streamlined sign-up process for new players. The registration process is no different from what you’d find at established gambling sites, so you can usually complete the form and be ready to play within a matter of minutes. Just remember that you’ll need to go through the verification process with proof of address and identity before you can request your first withdrawal.
How old must I be to play at a South Africa online casino?
In South Africa, you must be 18 years or older to gamble online. Reputable new casinos will ask you to send through proof of your identity by sending a copy or photograph of your ID card, passport or ID book, so there’s no cheating the system on this one.
Are online casino games at South Africa casinos fair?
We only recommend new casinos that are legal, licensed and regularly audited for fair and transparent gambling. These online casinos use certified random number generators to make sure that gameplay is fair and that everyone has an equal chance of winning. As for live casino games, professional and experienced live dealers oversee the games and they’re duty-bound by players and the casino to make sure everything is above board.
Be Aware Of Wagering Requirements At South Africa Casinos
Regardless of the type of bonus or promotion you claim, chances are there will be wagering requirements attached to the deal. This is the number of times you need to play through the bonus (and sometimes your deposit) before you can withdraw the funds.
Let’s use an example. Let’s say the casino has rewarded you with R50 in bonus funds, and this bonus carries a 30x wagering requirement. The terms only require you to wager the bonus. So, you need to place bets to the amount of R1,500 before you can withdraw any winnings you make with the bonus funds.
It might sound like a hassle, but reputable new casinos use wagering requirements to level the playing field. It protects you and the operator from anyone trying to take advantage of bonus funds.
There are a few important things to note when it comes to wagering requirements:
- Some games are not included or count for less in the playthrough requirements.
- Some payment methods are excluded from bonuses.
- Winnings from bonus funds are usually capped at a certain amount.
- Wagering amounts with bonus funds are often capped.
- Slots are usually the quickest way to clear the wagering requirements.
- If you fail to meet the wagering requirements and within the specified timeframe, you might forfeit the bonus and winnings.
How to Choose a New Online Casino
While playing at new casinos in South Africa has its benefits, you should never sign up at a site just because it’s brand-new. First, read our reviews, do your homework and make sure the casino is one that suits your gaming needs and your payment requirements.
Firstly, learn more about the operator of the new online casino. New platforms launched by reputed, experienced and known companies are more trustworthy and reliable than those launched by inexperienced, young gambling firms. It doesn’t mean the games launched by younger companies are questionable, though. Our reviews always tell you who owns and operates a platform.
Third, check out what the casino has to offer in terms of bonuses, loyalty programmes and promotions. New casinos that offer huge bonuses might not be the best when it comes to impossible wagering requirements and other unmeetable terms. Choosing a new platform just because it has a big bonus is not advisable.
Finally, check out our top list of South Africa new casinos for reliable, reputable sites that offer fair bonuses and plenty of exciting games for your Rands, and accept safe, South African payment methods.
New South Africa Mobile Casinos
These days, it’s a must for online casinos that want to thrive in the market to ensure compatibility across platforms. South Africans love to play games on the go, which means new casinos should be compatible with tablets and smartphones.
As a result, new gambling sites tend to have mobile versions, and that’s always music to our ears.
Most mobile casinos can be accessed on your smartphone or tablet’s mobile browser. Alternatively, you’ll usually find the link to the mobile site on the casino’s homepage, or you’ll find a link to the app store for Android and iOS devices to download the app.
Mobile casino apps don’t take up a lot of space on your device and the suite of games is usually quick to load. Once you’ve downloaded the app, or if you choose to play through your mobile internet browser, you’ll enjoy the casino’s range of games, bonuses, customer support, banking and loyalty rewards.
If you don’t want to download the casino app, you can play on the instant play mobile platform. Thanks to the creation of HTML5 technology, along with its adoption by online casino software developers, new casino mobile sites work smoothly and fast, ensuring a high-quality gambling experience each and every time (provided you use a secure and reliable internet connection, like Wi-Fi or 4G).
Popular Payment Methods at South Africa Online Casinos
New casinos that cater to the South African market tend to accept South African Rand deposits, and that means they accept several popular banking methods, including:
- Neteller and Skrill – these e-wallet options are fast and secure, but take note that many online casinos don’t offer bonuses if you deposit with these payment methods.
- EasyEFT – swift, safe and completely confidential transactions are promised when you deposit using EasyEFT at new casinos in South Africa.
- ecoPayz – more and more online casinos are accepting payments via ecoPayz, a secure and reliable payment method.
- UpayCard – you’ll find this option at many of the casinos on our top list.
- Cryptocurrency – some of the latest online casinos now accept cryptocurrency payments, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and Doge. This is the perfect solution if you want to keep your gambling habits anonymous, secure and you want instant deposits and withdrawals. Just remember that cryptocurrency can be volatile.
- Credit/debit card – take note this method often takes the longest when it comes to withdrawing your winnings.
How To Open Your New Casino Account in South Africa
Opening an account at new casinos in South Africa is easy. Once you’ve picked an online casino you want to play at, you need to open an account and make a deposit to play real money casino games.
- Go through our top list of new online casinos for South African players and pick on.
- Head to the site and register by completing the registration form with details like your name, email address, contact number and a username and password.
- Verify your registration (via an email or SMS link).
- Log into your new casino account and head over to the cashier or deposit section.
- Choose a payment method.
- Complete the deposit process by depositing the minimum amount required to claim a bonus and get started at the casino.
- You’ll find the bonus, if there is one and you’ve opted to claim it, in your casino account as bonus funds and you can start playing your favourite casino games.
Picking New Online Casinos in South Africa
As a South African casino player, you’re in search of casinos that offer top-notch gambling for your Rands. There are new casinos that cater specifically to the South African market by accepting South African Rands, and as a result, they urge you to register and claim bonuses and promotions in Rands through South African payment methods.
What’s more, new online casinos in South Africa should be licensed and regulated in a known and reliable jurisdiction. They should also make use of effective and modern security technology and privacy policies to protect not just your cash, but also your personal details.
This is where the team at South Africa Casinos comes in handy. We compare, analyse and review all the latest casinos to hit the South African market, and only the very best that meet our strict criteria make it on our list.