The Best Mobile Casinos for South African Players
100% Match Bonus + 30 Free Spins on First Deposit
To the Casino
Jackpot City Casino
R24,144 Deposit Bonus
To the Casino
100% Up To R1,000 + R30,000 Welcome Bonus
To the Casino
Up To R11,500 Free
To the Casino
100% Up To R999 + 99 Free Spins
To the Casino
100% Up To R3,333 + 100 Free Spins
To the Casino
Online Casinos are Now Optimised for Smartphones
Are you looking for a trustworthy online casino that welcomes South African players, is optimised for your mobile device and offers the best games and bonuses? Enough looking! At South Africa Casinos, we are devoted to finding the best online casinos in SA that cater to different players’ needs. If you’re a mobile player, then the list of casinos below is going to be your new go-to list when you’re looking for quality casino gaming for real money.
Keep reading for mobile casino tips and our top picks for SA mobile casinos. The list below features licensed online casinos that are fully compatible with mobile devices regardless of the operating system they run on. These casinos have been created with adaptive technology so that they perform optimally on smartphones and tablets. They offer the best bonuses with the most reasonable wagering requirements and fast withdrawals.
These mobile casinos allow you to turn your wins into real cash in a flash.
Casino Games Available on Mobile
It wasn’t so long ago that the only way to play casino games was to head to a land-based casino. In SA, that meant driving to the nearest major city or settling for a handful of average slot machines at your local bar.
Today, it’s a totally different story. We have the greatest casino games at our fingertips wherever we go. Since most of the worthwhile online casinos are developed with HTML5 technology, they perform equally well across all devices. This means that we can use the same account at our favourite online casinos to log in on any device and enjoy the same games.
The casino games at mobile casinos include live dealer tables and live game shows, video slots, 3D slots, classic slots, bingo, slingo, poker, lotteries – and don’t forget about sports betting!
South African gamblers are adopting mobile casinos at a rapid pace. In a way, we are in the process of catching up to countries with advanced internet infrastructure. Just a few years ago, internet access cost the average user a truckload of money. Luckily, everything has changed since we now have internet capability that rivals the best in the world.
Whether you use ADSL, fibre, or mobile data to connect to the internet, the casino games run smoothly as long as your connection is stable. If your internet connection cuts out while you’re in the middle of a game, simply wait until you’re back online and games will continue where they left off. If your internet timeout was short, you won’t even need to log in again.
You’ll find thousands of amazing casino games at the top-rated mobile casinos on our list. Most of the casinos let you play the games in free mode so you can test them out and see if you like them before playing with real money. If you’re new to online gambling and not sure which games to start with, here’s a breakdown of casino games that regular players in SA can’t get enough of right now:
- Video Slots: Starburst, Temple Tumble Megaways, Book of Dead, Bonanza Megaways, Gold Digger, Ramses Book, Gonzo’s Quest, Gonzo’s Quest Megaways, Legacy of Dead, Fire Joker, Voodoo Gold, Shamrock Holmes Megaways, and Ruler of Egypt.
- Classic Slots: Mystery Joker, Cherry Trio, Ten Times Wins, Blue Diamond, Big Bang 3 Lines, Bell of Fortune, Red Chili Hunter 5 Lines, Just a Vault, Lucky 7 Betsoft, Emerald Diamond, Burning Hot Respin, Mega Money Multiplier, and Break da Bank.
- Progressive Casino Games: Mega Moolah, Divine Fortune, Mega Fortune, Major Millions, Aztec Gold Megaways, and Age of Gods God of Storms.
- Electronic Table Games: blackjack, roulette, craps, baccarat, teen patti, sic bo, and backgammon.
- Poker: 3 Hand Casino Hold’em, Let it Ride, Fortune Pai Gow Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, Magic Poker, Turbo Poker, and All Aces Poker.
- Live Casino Games: Crazy Time, Lightning Roulette, Auto Roulette, Lightning Dice, Baccarat Squeeze, Blackjack, Football Studio, Mega Roulette, Monopoly Live, Gonzo’s Treasure Hunt, Free Bet Blackjack, and Mega Wheel.
Mobile casinos are available all over the internet, and through any mobile device you can enjoy any of the popular casino games listed above and many more. Be it poker, roulette, baccarat, craps, scratch cards, sports betting, or bingo – it doesn’t matter. There are thousands of games waiting for you at the best mobile casinos recommended on this page.
Slot games are usually a good place to start if you’re new to online gambling. They don’t require strategy and you can read the simple rules of each game before you start playing. Simply launch a game and click on the information button to understand how it works. The ‘rules’ are basically just an explanation of which symbols pay out the highest values and how the bonus games and other features work.
Another reason to head for the slots is that they’re full of exciting features that keep you on the edge of your seat. You can win free spins that don’t cost you any money but award you real wins. Other awesome features of the slots include jackpots, multipliers, cluster pays, and wild symbols. That’s just skimming the surface.
The mobile casinos on our list offer great security systems and state-of-the-art encryption. You won’t have to don’t’ have to worry about anyone else accessing your casino account as long as you keep your casino password safe and private. It only takes a moment to sign up and you can use the bonuses to start playing any of the games listed immediately. Keep in mind that live casino games are sometimes excluded when playing with a no deposit bonus.
Get Your Mobile Casino Bonus
You can claim an assortment of casino bonuses at the mobile casinos we support. If you’re new to the casino, you’ll probably be claiming the welcome bonus. In addition to the welcome bonus, most mobile casinos offer interesting perks for frequent players. Reload bonuses, free spins for specific games, deposit bonuses, and no deposit bonuses are only a few of the promotions that you will run into.
To give you some insight into the range of promotions, we’ll break them down briefly. There are many more bonuses and promotions available and mobile casinos are constantly innovating to bring out even more exciting offers.
- Welcome Bonus: A bonus that is tailored to new players. You can only claim a welcome bonus once at each mobile casino. The welcome bonus is usually very appealing since it is designed to encourage new customers to join the casino’s community. Welcome bonuses come in many shapes, they may take on the characteristics of any of the promotions that follow in this list.
- No Deposit Bonus: Free money that the casino gives you to enjoy the games. You can win real money while you’re playing with a no deposit bonus. There may be game restrictions when playing with free money if you have not deposited with the casino.
- Deposit Bonus: Extra free money that is added to your casino balance when you deposit. A deposit bonus is usually stated as a percentage. If you claim a 200% deposit bonus and deposit R100, the casino will add a bonus of R200 to your balance, giving you a total balance of R300.
- Reload Bonus: This is essentially the same as a deposit bonus. Mobile casinos sometimes call deposit bonuses, “Reload bonuses,” when the bonuses are offered on multiple deposits. You might be offered deposit bonuses on your next four deposits, for example.
- Free Spins: Free spins are spins on a slot game that you don’t have to pay for. If you already have money in your casino balance, then playing the free spins won’t deduct any funds from your balance. However, the money you win while playing them is added to your balance.
- Cashback Bonus: These bonuses are awesome if you’re looking to land a big win, but also interested in covering yourself in case you end up playing out your deposit. Basically, a cashback bonus is a refund that mobile casinos will add back to your casino account balance after you have deposited and played out your balance.
So, now that you know what types of bonuses are available, you’re probably keen to get started playing with them. The good news is that you can begin right now, or bookmark this page and come back later when you have the time. Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose one of the recommended mobile casinos on this page. Look at the bonuses and unique features that make each casino stand out. You can also read our in-depth reviews of each of the mobile casinos.
- Select the mobile casino by pressing the button and the casino will launch in your browser.
- Enter your basic details such as name, mobile number, and email. Some casinos also ask for your home address.
- If you claim a no deposit bonus, the bonus will automatically be added to your casino balance now that you are a registered player. If it doesn’t appear in your balance, go to the cashier and claim it.
- If you claim a deposit bonus, your bonus will be added to your account immediately after you have completed your deposit. Remember to claim the bonus from the cashier when you fill in your deposit details. If there’s no option to claim it, it will be added automatically.
- If the casino offers a mobile app and you would like to play on an app instead of in your mobile browser, download and install the app now. Android users may need to allow unknown sources during the installation process. You can uncheck the option again once your installation is complete.
Withdrawing Your Winnings via Mobile
Some players have doubts about the possibility of withdrawing winnings from mobile casinos. The reality is, it’s very simple to withdraw your balance. Cashing out is not any more complicated than it is on a desktop PC or laptop, which isn’t complicated at all.
Mobile casinos and online gambling sites prefer to pay your withdrawals using the same method that you used to deposit at the casino. Whether you have deposited or not, the casino will usually need you to provide your account details so that the withdrawal can be paid. You will also be asked to send through a copy of your ID and a recent utility bill in most cases.
Online casinos are obliged to confirm this information as per their licences. This step is put in place by international gambling authorities to prevent fraudulent activity and money laundering.
Once you’ve verified your account, your winnings will be paid into the account that you provided the mobile casino with. In general, e-wallet transfers are quite a bit faster than bank transfers and credit card payments – something to keep in mind if you’re eager to get your hands on the funds.
Popular withdrawal methods in South Africa include Visa and Mastercard transfers to a bank account or credit card, and e-wallet transfers via Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, and PayPal. South Africans are also jumping on the crypto bandwagon and choosing to play at mobile casinos with cryptocurrency.
To initiate a withdrawal from mobile casinos, follow these steps:
- Select the Withdraw or Cashier button.
- Input the amount you want to withdraw from your casino balance.
- Select your payment method: e-wallet, bank, credit card, or crypto.
- Select the Confirm or Proceed button.
- Send in your verification documents (utility bill and ID, drivers, or passport) via email.
Once your withdrawal is released, it will be on its way to the financial account you have chosen. E-wallet withdrawals typically take a few hours to reflect in your balance, cryptocurrency withdrawals are regularly instant, and bank transfers may take up to 5 working days to show up in your bank account.
Frequently asked questions about Mobile Casinos
Are mobile casinos free?
Yes, you can register an account at the mobile casinos we recommend for free. If the mobile casino has an app available and you want to download it, you can do so for free. Remember that downloading the app is not required in most cases. You can usually play directly in your mobile browser.
Do mobile casinos have the same games as desktop casinos?
Yes, pretty much. When you play mobile casinos, there may be a small selection of the older games that are not available but all the most popular and latest games will be there. New and popular games are developed with a mobile-first approach to ensure that mobile users have access to the crème of the crop in online casino gaming.
Can I play live dealer games on mobile casinos?
Yes, you can. Live dealer games offered at the casinos we recommend are fully optimised for mobile devices.
What is the best deposit method at mobile casinos?
That’s up to you. Technology has come a long way, so any of your favourite payment methods are easy to work with on mobile devices. Choose a deposit method that you are familiar with and you can’t go wrong.
Do I need separate accounts for regular casinos and mobile casinos?
You don’t need separate accounts if you are playing at the same casino. You will log into the same casino profile regardless of which device you are playing on. For example, if you have an account at Party Casino, use the same login details to open your casino account when you are playing on a desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
Can I get a welcome bonus to play mobile casinos?
Absolutely! Mobile casinos are eager to offer new players a welcome bonus for signing up. Keep in mind that all welcome bonuses (and all mobile casinos) are not created equally. Choose bonuses from this page to enjoy the best games, easy withdrawals, and good customer service in safe online gambling environments.
Can I play mobile casinos with mobile data?
Yes, you can. Mobile internet connection in South Africa has drastically improved over the past few years. If you are in a populated area, chances are that your mobile internet connection will be very stable. Vodacom, MTN, Cell C, and Telkom all provide nationwide coverage, provided there is a cell phone tower in your region.
Does it cost a lot to play mobile casinos on the internet?
No, it doesn’t. If you are connected to Wi-Fi you won’t be charged for mobile data. If you are using your mobile data to play, then consider using value-for-money options such as MTN’s Bozza Gigs that gives you 10GB for only R99. 10GB can keep you playing for hours, days, or even weeks if you’re a sporadic player.
Our Top 3 Picks for Mobile Casinos in SA
Mobile casinos are a great option for those who enjoy playing casino games but spend more time with their cell phones than with their computers. And it’s ideal for people who like roulette, blackjack, and slots, and have a quality internet network.
Whether you’re using the browser or an app, it’s all about playing and winning. You can enjoy mobile casinos on your smartphone or tablet regardless of the operating system installed on your device. That’s because the mobile casinos that we recommend support HTML5 technology, making them smarter and more adaptive than their competitors.
If we’ve given you too many options already and you aren’t sure which mobile casinos to take for a test drive first, we’ll let you in on our ultimate favourite mobile casinos to play at right now. Here they are for your gaming pleasure:
1. Yako Casino
Established in 2014, Yako Casino is as safe and regulated as online gaming gets. This is good news because it means that withdrawals are assured, the games are audited, and the casino meets the highest standards all around. It is regulated under four licences that are issued by three of the most globally recognised gambling regulators, including the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) and the Gambling Commission of Great Britain (UKGC).
Enter Yako mobile casino and be amazed by the seamless animations, HD graphics, and intuitive user interface. The casino offers a welcome bonus of 100% match on your first deposit up to R999 plus 99 free spins. The mobile casino supports ZAR, making it easy for South Africans to keep track of spending and bet sizes.
The games are categorised into slots, live casino games, table games, jackpots, slingo, and lotteries. You can buy tickets to huge international lotteries including the EuroMillions and Eurojackpot.
2. Casino Days
Over 2,000 games await you at Casino Days. The portfolio is made up of live casino games, video slots, classic slots, and electronic table games. Supported payment methods include Visa, Mastercard, bank transfer, Neteller, ecoPayz, Skrill, cryptocurrencies, and many more SA favourites.
Casino Days is regulated by an Antillephone gambling licence and the games are audited by independent test labs to validate their fairness. The site is secured by multiple digital security certificates to ensure your mobile gaming privacy.
Cash in on the lucrative new player welcome bonus of 100% match up to R10,000 plus 100 free spins on Book of Dead by Play’n GO, one of the best video slots ever created.
If you’re looking for a proper casino jol, stop your search right now and head over to PartyCasino. Take advantage of the welcome offer of 100% match plus 500 free spins. This online gambling destination constantly wins sought after awards in iGaming. A few standout wins include:
- EGR Casino of the Year 2017
- EGR Casino of the Year 2018
- EGR Operator of the Year 2018
- EGR Safer Gambling Operator of the Year 2020
The casino is licensed and regulated by the Government of Gibraltar, the MGA and the UKGC. It also obtained the seal of approval from eCOGRA – the eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance body based in the UK.