South African Casinos With the Best Cashback Bonuses
100% Match Bonus + 30 Free Spins on First Deposit
To the Casino
Jackpot City Casino
R24,144 Deposit Bonus
To the Casino
100% Up To R1,000 + R30,000 Welcome Bonus
To the Casino
Up To R11,500 Free
To the Casino
100% Up To R999 + 99 Free Spins
To the Casino
100% Up To R3,333 + 100 Free Spins
To the Casino
A Few Important Points About Cashback Bonuses and How They Work
Cashback bonuses are used to help players out when they’ve lost a certain sum of money or to reward loyal players for playing on a specific site. Keep in mind that although you do get cashback bonuses that come with zero wagering requirements, most of the time the money you receive will be credited to your bonus balance and in order to have it transferred to your cash balance where you’ll be able to withdraw you will need to meet specific requirements. Here we’ll take a closer look at these bonuses to determine whether or not they’re truly as rewarding as many players in South Africa claim.
The Various Types of Cashback Bonuses at Online Casinos in South Africa
If you’ve been a member of the online gambling community for a while then you’ve probably come across a few cashback bonus offers before. But did you know that there’s more than just one type of cashback bonus to be found at online casinos in South Africa? Here we’ve provided a little more information about the types of cashback bonuses you’ll find online so that you know which offers you should be keeping an eye out for.
- VIP Cashback Bonuses: It’s no secret that VIP players enjoy a few extra perks but what really encourages players in South Africa to become a VIP player is the fact that you’ll receive exciting rewards more often than standard casino players. VIPs are often high rollers and these players understand that sometimes you need to spend big to win big. However, it doesn’t always work out that way and many times you could spend big and lose big too. This is why cashback bonuses are one of the more common offers available to VIP players because, depending on how much you’ve spent, you’ll be able to claim back quite a lot of money you lost.
- Free Spins and Cashback Combo: This will often be included as part of a deposit welcome bonus to encourage players who aren’t too keen on risking a lot of real money to enjoy a new online casino site. When you claim this offer you’ll be rewarded with a certain number of free spins and should you lose while using these free spins you’ll get a certain percentage of the money you lost credited back into your account.
- Cashback Reload Bonus: These bonuses are reserved for returning players only and will offer a cashback bonus that will allow you to claim back a specific sum of money that you’ve deposited. For example, you may be offered 10% cashback on deposits made between the 7th and the 14th of the month. This means that the bigger your deposit, the more you get back!
Always Weigh Out the Pros and Cons of Cashback Bonuses at Online Casinos
Although a specific cashback bonus may seem perfect at first glance when you take the time to read up about this type of casino bonus you may decide that perhaps it’s not for you after all. This is why we always recommend weighing out the pros and cons that come with any casino bonus so that you’re aware of both the good and bad before you claim the offer. To help you out, we’ve provided a few of the advantages and disadvantages you can expect when it comes to online cashback bonuses in South Africa.
Why Many Players in South Africa Enjoy Cashback Bonuses
- Avoid Losing a Large Sum of Money: We’ve all found ourselves in frustrating situations where no matter how much we spend or what games we try out, we simply can’t get that big win and as a result, find that we’ve lost a sizable sum of money. With a cashback bonus, you’ll get to soften the blow and receive a portion of the money you’ve lost back.
- Receive Extra Funds Based on How Much You Deposit: Although rare, there are online casinos in South Africa that will reward you with an exciting reload cashback offer. This offer allows you to claim a certain percentage of your deposit back in the form of bonus funds, meaning that you’ll have even more funds that can be used to enjoy your casino favourites!
- Enjoy New Games and Claim Money Back if You Lose: When you get your hands on a package that offers free spins or a deposit match that comes with a cashback offer on money lost, you’ll get to enjoy new and exciting games knowing there’s little to no risk involved! This is because if you win, you’ll get to claim an exciting prize and if you happen to lose your bonus funds, you’ll have the chance to claim back a portion of the money you lost.
The Main Disadvantages That Come With Claiming a Cashback Bonus
- You Only Receive a Portion of Your Losses/Deposit: Even though these bonuses are generous, you’ll find that the majority will not exceed 50%. This means that if you lose R10,000 you’ll only be able to claim R5,000 and if you claim a cashback reload bonus and deposit R2,000 you will only get back R1,000.
- Wagering Requirements Will More Than Likely Need to be Met: When you claim an offer that lets you claim back a percentage of your deposit or money lost, the refund will more than likely be in the form of bonus funds which will need to be wagered a certain number of times before being transferred to your cash balance.
Why You Should Always Read the Cashback Bonus Terms and Conditions Page
It’s not uncommon for online casino players to take one look at the Terms and Conditions page and think, “Nope. Too boring.” before skipping over it, claiming the offer and enjoying their casino games. However, if you’re in too much of a hurry to get on with it and enjoy your bonus you may end up not benefiting at all.
This is because with every bonus offer comes a set of rules that need to be followed and if you don’t follow these rules you may find that you aren’t able to claim the bonus funds. To show you the type of rules that can be found in cashback bonus Terms and Conditions pages, we’ve listed three examples below.
- You’ll Need to Make a Minimum Deposit: Many people who decide to skip reading the Terms and Conditions end up losing out on the bonus offer all together simply because they didn’t make the minimum deposit required to claim the offer. Even if the casino’s minimum deposit is R10, players may need to deposit R20 or more to be able to claim a cashback offer.
- There is a Maximum Amount You Can Claim: Although you’d think that because the cashback offer states that you can claim back a percentage of the money you deposit or lose when you read the Terms and Conditions, you’ll find that there is a maximum cashback amount. For example, the cashback bonus could be 10% on money lost between the 1st and 7th of a specific month, however, if 10% of the money you lose exceeds R1,000 you will only receive the maximum cashback amount. When you read the Terms and Conditions for this specific bonus you’ll find that it says 10% up to R1,000. So, to make sure that you aren’t disappointed, always read the rules that come with cashback casino bonuses.
- Only Certain Games May Apply: When you claim a cashback bonus, be aware that certain games will not contribute to the cashback calculations. It’s easy to assume that because the bonus on the Promotions page states that you can claim back a certain percentage of money lost that it refers to money you lose playing all games on the site. However, if you read through the Terms and Conditions page you may find that this isn’t the case and only money lost playing slot games will count. This means that if you’ve lost money playing live casino games you may not be able to claim back any of the money you’ve lost simply because you didn’t read the bonus rules before claiming.
Cashback Bonuses May Come With Wagering Requirements
Not many casino bonuses come with zero wagering requirements which is why it should come as no surprise that cashback bonuses at online casinos in South Africa are no different. With many of them, you will need to wager your bonus funds a specific number of times before you’ll be able to withdraw.
If these requirements aren’t met within a specific time then your bonus funds will expire and be removed from your account. Because cashback reload bonuses and cashback bonuses on money lost are slightly different, we’ve provided an example of how to calculate the wagering requirements for both.
- Cashback on Losses Rules: Claim 25% cashback on losses up to R3,000. The cashback amount will be credited to your bonus balance and will need to be wagered 10x within 14 days before being transferred to your cash balance.
- Money Lost: R1,000
- Cashback Bonus Received: R250
- Minimum Wagering Requirement: R250 x 10 = R2,500
- Cashback on Deposit Rules: Claim 10% cashback on your next deposit up to R2,000. The cashback amount will be credited to your bonus balance. The deposit amount plus the cashback bonus received will need to be wagered 10x within 20 days before being transferred to your cash balance.
- Money Deposited: R2,000
- Cashback Bonus Received: R200
- Minimum Wagering Requirement: R2,200 x 10 = R22,000
Frequently asked questions about cashback bonuses
Is there only one type of cashback bonus?
No. There are various types of cashback bonuses to be enjoyed online.
Can anyone claim cashback bonuses online?
If you read through the Terms and Conditions and follow the rules you should have no issue claiming your cashback bonus.
Will all online South African casinos offer cashback bonuses?
No. Not all online casinos in South Africa will offer a cashback bonus.
Will all cashback bonuses come with wagering requirements?
Unless the Terms and Conditions state that it comes with zero wagering requirements, it’s safe to assume you will need to meet specific wagering requirements before you’ll be able to withdraw your cashback bonus.
How old do you have to be to claim a cashback casino bonus?
You will need to be at least 18 years old to join an online casino in South Africa and claim a cashback bonus.
Will there be a minimum deposit required to claim a cashback bonus?
Yes. Read the bonus Terms and Conditions to find out what the minimum deposit amount is.
Is there always a limit to how much I can claim back with a cashback bonus?
No. Not all online casinos will have a maximum limit, however, the majority will which is why you need to make sure that you read the Terms and Conditions page.
What happens if I don’t meet the wagering requirements with a cashback bonus?
Your bonus funds will be removed from your account.
How to Get Your Hands on That Exciting Cashback Bonus
Now that you know a little more about the Terms and Conditions, wagering requirements and different types of cashback bonuses, it’s time to take a look at how to claim this type of bonus offer at an online casino in South Africa.
Keep in mind that every casino is different and as a result, the process of claiming a cashback may differ depending on the casino you register at. However, the process is generally the same which is why we’ve provided simple steps to give you an idea of what you’ll need to do to claim a cashback bonus online.
How to Claim a Percentage of Money Lost With a Cashback Bonus
- Step 1: Click on the option to claim your cashback bonus, usually found on the Promotions page.
- Step 2: Read through the Terms and Conditions so that you know what rules need to be followed.
- Step 3: Play the games that are specified on the bonus Terms and Conditions page.
- Step 4: If the offer states that you get back a certain percentage of the money you’ve lost that day, by the end of the day your cashback bonus will be credited to your account.
- Step 5: Meet the specific wagering requirements to have the funds transferred from bonus funds to cash funds and either withdraw or keep playing.
How to Claim a Reload Cashback Offer at South African Casinos Online
- Step 1: Opt in on the Promotions page before making your next deposit.
- Step 2: Read through the cashback bonus Terms and Conditions to make sure that you understand exactly what rules need to be followed.
- Step 3: Make your deposit within the specified timeframe.
- Step 4: Your reload cashback will be credited to your bonus balance.
- Step 5: Meet the minimum wagering requirements to have your bonus balance transferred to your cash balance.
Other Exciting Bonuses That Can Be Claimed at Online Casinos
Cashback bonuses aren’t the only offers casinos use to attract new players and keep existing players interested. The more you go through our list of recommended casinos, the more rewards you’ll come across and to help you understand a little bit more about the exciting bonuses you’ll find at online casinos in South Africa we’ve provided 4 examples below.
- Reload Bonuses: Reload bonuses will reward returning players with a special prize the next time they deposit money into their account. This could be anything from a deposit match to free spins. These bonuses are often used as a way to encourage players to come back to a specific site after not logging in to their accounts for a while. However, be sure to sign up for the promotional emails as this is where you’re likely to find out about the offer.
- No Deposit Bonuses: Try out a new casino for free when you decide to claim a no deposit bonus. Although this offer can be claimed by returning players, it’s often used as a way to encourage new players to register at a specific casino site. So, if you’re new to the online gambling scene and aren’t too keen on spending loads of money right away, then you’ll want to look out for no deposit welcome bonuses.
- 1st Deposit Bonuses: This bonus offers new players the chance to claim exciting rewards when they make their very first deposit at a specific casino. Make sure that you read the Terms and Conditions very carefully though, because if you miss one tiny detail you may lose out on the offer altogether. For example, if you need to use a specific bonus code when claiming your first deposit bonus but made your deposit without it, you won’t be able to claim the reward using the same code when you make your next deposit as the bonus specifically states that it’s only available to those who make their first deposit.
- No Wagering Bonuses: If you happen to stumble across a no wagering bonus then you could be in for a real treat! Most bonuses online will come with wagering requirements which means that when you claim bonus funds, these funds will need to be wagered a specific number of times before you’ll be able to withdraw. This can be a bit of a deal-breaker for many casino players which is why no wagering bonuses are great! Sure, you may need to deposit a specific amount and you’ll only be able to withdraw up to a certain amount but it’s still the perfect bonus offer for those who want to skip over wagering requirements and claim exciting wins right away!
Cashback Bonus Alternatives South African Players Love
|Bonus Name||Why South Africans Love It||Which Players Can Claim It||Wagering Requirements|
|Reload Bonus||When you make your next deposit you’ll be able to claim an exciting reward like a deposit match, cashback bonus and/or free spins.||Available to returning players||Might come with wagering requirements|
|No Deposit Bonus||Stand the chance to win real money prizes without having to make a deposit into your casino account.||Available to new and returning players||Might come with wagering requirements|
|Free Spins Bonus||Use free spins to hit the jackpot of a lifetime and enjoy exciting online slots.||Available to new and returning players||Might come with wagering requirements|
|1st Deposit Bonus||Claim rewards like free spins and/or a deposit match for making your first deposit at a new online casino.||Available to new players||Might come with wagering requirements|
|No Wagering Bonus||Enjoy exciting real money wins without having to worry about meeting certain wagering requirements within a specific time.||Available to new and returning players||No wagering requirements|
What We Think About Cashback Bonuses at Online Casinos in South Africa
Cashback bonuses are great for players who are looking to add a little extra to their bankroll or lower the risk of losing a large sum of money. Although wagering requirements may need to be met, they’re often low and very reasonable.
However, no casino is the same which is why you should always compare at least two or three various cashback offers and consider the Terms and Conditions of each before deciding which one is best for you. Overall, these bonus offers are pretty generous and are definitely worth considering the next time you decide to play at an online casino in South Africa.